This class desperately needs some OL...

1725gatorhater

Does anyone feel we can get some quality OL. Time is running out and we only 4 and only 2 of them are 4* other two are a 3* and a 2 *. I think this is probably one of the most talented class that can only be compared to Peyton's class but we got needs for the OL. Does anyone feel like we can get 1 or 2 more quality OL?

Last edited:
Does anyone feel we can get some quality OL. Time is running out and we only 4 and only 2 of them are 4* other two are a 3* and a 2 *. I think this is probably one of the most talented class that can only be compared to Peyton's class but we got needs for the OL. Does anyone feel like we can get 1 or 2 quality OL?

I think we've already got about 4 quality OLinemen. IMO JMO. I don't care bout the stars but I think what we have is quality players. I would like to add another maybe 2 but if not I'm good if we can keep what we got now.

Reactions: 4 people
Sure. We'll always take more great OL, but I'm hoping Blair will be a bright spot next year that we didn't see because of a redshirt.

Reactions: 2 people
I think with every class no matter how good or bad there is a weak link. I believe that with OL struggles of this year combined with the question of whether Mahoney can coach them up has some people worried.

I like this group coming in but losing Boulware and not adding another OL would be disappointing IMO.

I think with every class no matter how good or bad there is a weak link. I believe that with OL struggles of this year combined with the question of whether Mahoney can coach them up has some people worried.

I like this group coming in but losing Boulware and not adding another OL would be disappointing IMO.

I don't like to be a pessimistic person, but I've not seen much evidence of this. Perhaps I've got a short memory but from game 1 through game 12, the line didn't get much better. They seemed to get better in the bowl game but everyone said Iowa's defense struggled against mobile QBs - so I don't know.

Does anyone feel we can get some quality OL. Time is running out and we only 4 and only 2 of them are 4* other two are a 3* and a 2 *. I think this is probably one of the most talented class that can only be compared to Peyton's class but we got needs for the OL. Does anyone feel like we can get 1 or 2 more quality OL?

Most of the lineman on campus already are sophomores or freshman, with 4 more coming and maybe one or two more. It is hard to convince an o-lineman that you need to come to a school with 10-12 young lineman on the way/already there, not to mention that is a position that is very heavily recruited with few really great lineman each class. Yes, we can always use 1-2 more good lineman as can just about every school.

I don't like to be a pessimistic person, but I've not seen much evidence of this. Perhaps I've got a short memory but from game 1 through game 12, the line didn't get much better. They seemed to get better in the bowl game but everyone said Iowa's defense struggled against mobile QBs - so I don't know.

Agreed. Next year will be telling IMO.

I know they are trying very hard to get one more OT in the fold. they're trying to flip Patric Allen from GA. Also looking at fliping Fredick Johnson and Tyree St. Louis
from Miami, but I think Allen is the best chance. Really sucks that we couldn't get Drew Richmond out of Memphis.

I know they are trying very hard to get one more OT in the fold. they're trying to flip Patric Allen from GA. Also looking at fliping Fredick Johnson and Tyree St. Louis
from Miami, but I think Allen is the best chance. Really sucks that we couldn't get Drew Richmond out of Memphis.

Richmond is very overrated

Reactions: 6 people

Sure.

FWIW, former Vols / current NFL players Dan Williams, Ramon Foster, and Zach Fulton to name a few were all 3 star players and they turned out okay.

Reactions: 5 people
Yes we will get at least 1, and we got Blair and Big Charles from last year, coach hide out Blair for the 15 and 16 season, because he knows it is then when its FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESEE like the glory years, don't panic the Butcher is sharping his knifes in the dark.:)Plus don't get caught up in the star rating on the OL, a lot of the 3 stars OL turn into future NFL players, if he is 6-4 310 pounds or 6-5 320 pounds, with good coaching it doesn't matter how many stars he has.:rock:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Richmond is very overrated

I disagree. He is a high IQ kid that went to a HS on a similar level to Derek Barnett @ Brentwood. Sometimes IQ gets left out of the equation. Although Barnett is physically gifted, he is also very, very intelligent. Richmond would have been a great pickup.

Next year all of the Ol will have 2 good legs with knees!

swing for the fense on this one!, it is our biggest need at this point. Open it up to Ivey, Richmond, Allen, and St Louis. However jumps on the train is in and Rising to the top with us!

Yes we will get at least 1, and we got Blair and Big Charles from last year, coach hide out Blair for the 15 and 16 season, because he knows it is then when its FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESEE like the glory years, don't panic the Butcher is sharping his knifes in the dark.:)Plus don't get caught up in the star rating on the OL, a lot of the 3 stars OL turn into future NFL players, if he is 6-4 310 pounds or 6-5 320 pounds, with good coaching it doesn't matter how many stars he has.:rock:

Please stop calling CBJ - the Butcher - thx

I think we're in pretty good shape with interior O-linemen. The concern is OT.

I've said this before, but my hope (not a belief, or even a theory, just a hope) is that the coaches have seen enough out of Blair, Kendrick, and Thomas (and maybe even Sanders or Mosely) to think they can hold down the tackle positions for the next 2-3 years while the guys we recruit this year and next year develop and mature.

VN Store

Back