Comparison

illvol

Eternal optimist
I made the mistake of asking this in the FF and got nothing but smart@$$ responses so I'm coming to you all. I am unable to do a lot of research right now but can someone find and post each of our quarterbacks most recent "measurables"?

I keep seeing how our most recent QB commit is such a great runner but how is that determined? I've watched his film and don't see anything that makes him standout more than our other 3. His speed is listed as a 4.7?
I'm not downing anyone and I know there is more than straight line speed so I am asking those more up to speed than me to help. Thanks.

Jennings may actually be a better runner. Jones has a better arm but would not say he is a great runner. Dormady has a very good arm and can run well enough to avoid a rush. Of course Dobbs was listed as a pro style qb out of HS so probably best to wait until they all practice before we will know for sure about any of these guys. Sheriron looks like a Teddy Bridgewater type to me if I was making a comparison.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Jennings is probably the fastest and most effective runner, but has the most question marks on throwing. Him being an EE will help him, but should be Redshirted if possible.

Dormady is likely the slowest, but not slow. He can still scramble to hurt you a few times a game. He has the most potential throwing the ball IMO.

Jones is all around good. He's got the leadership, running, and passing ability to be a great college QB. He stated he is primarily a passer but is also comfortable running the ball.

Reactions: 2 people
Jennings is probably the fastest and most effective runner, but has the most question marks on throwing. Him being an EE will help him, but should be Redshirted if possible.

Dormady is likely the slowest, but not slow. He can still scramble to hurt you a few times a game. He has the most potential throwing the ball IMO.

Jones is all around good. He's got the leadership, running, and passing ability to be a great college QB. He stated he is primarily a passer but is also comfortable running the ball.

Perfect :good!:

Great. That helps. I thought i read somewhere that they were all around the 4.6-4.7 mark (even Dormady) so was confused as to why people were so excited about Jones' legs.

I made the mistake of asking this in the FF and got nothing but smart@$$ responses so I'm coming to you all. I am unable to do a lot of research right now but can someone find and post each of our quarterbacks most recent "measurables"?

I keep seeing how our most recent QB commit is such a great runner but how is that determined? I've watched his film and don't see anything that makes him standout more than our other 3. His speed is listed as a 4.7?
I'm not downing anyone and I know there is more than straight line speed so I am asking those more up to speed than me to help. Thanks.

The kid is not going to be one of those "designed runs" DT QBs imo. I think a good comparison of running "abilty" would be a Russell Wilson/Steve Young type. A true pocket passer that will burn you occasionally with his legs. One good example I saw sombody else say earlier is Deshawn Watson from Clemson.

Great. That helps. I thought i read somewhere that they were all around the 4.6-4.7 mark (even Dormady) so was confused as to why people were so excited about Jones' legs.

Also think that Dobbs is a good example as far as the "speed" question goes. Dobbs is a great runner, but not really sprinter fast.

Also think that Dobbs is a good example as far as the "speed" question goes. Dobbs is a great runner, but not really sprinter fast.

Good analogy.

I have a similar opinion to that.

Not sprinter fast, but takes long strides. He can cover a lot of ground in less steps. Makes it hard for opponents to get a good angle on him.

Good analogy.

I have a similar opinion to that.

Not sprinter fast, but takes long strides. He can cover a lot of ground in less steps. Makes it hard for opponents to get a good angle on him.

Decent speed and "shifty" kinda covers it for both.
Or wet noodlesque.

Good Speed is one piece of the pie. But good speed is lost if it takes you a while to make a decision (reaction time-I think this was a real problem with Dobbs in 2013). Also have to factor in instincts and "moves or jukes." Ball security blah, blah, blah!

Sorry but which part about clicking on the players thread and looking at the first post (which always shows their measurables) are you finding difficult? Even if you're on mobile it's no excuse. Just lazy.

Sorry but which part about clicking on the players thread and looking at the first post (which always shows their measurables) are you finding difficult? Even if you're on mobile it's no excuse. Just lazy.

The guy is new to the RF. Jeez man don't be a jerk. Was it that dang hard to answer a good, politely asked question. This forum has it's share of aholes.

Reactions: 10 people
People are going to really be surprised at Jennings' arm strength. Based on what I can tell from watching the QB highlights, I would say Jennings has a stronger arm than Jones but Jones throws a more accurate ball.

The guy is new to the RF. Jeez man don't be a jerk. Was it that dang hard to answer a good, politely asked question. This forum has it's share of aholes.

Yea im with you, what kind of jerk takes the time to berate someone for asking a simple, politely asked question on an internet forum? Look no further, theres more than one right here on VN!!!! Freaking hall monitor spirit I tell ya

So on Jones' first page it has highlights from his junior year because it was started in May before his senior season. Are those measurables still accurate? It says he runs a 4.6 yet his hudl page says he runs a 4.71. What should I deduce from that? I was simply hoping someone might have each ones most recent data. I asked a simple question hoping that some who follow recruiting a little closer than I do could clear things up since I wasn't able to go through every page of every quarterback at that time. Thanks for your comment though. I think there's some room for you in the FF. I came over here because there are too many people like you over there.

Reactions: 3 people
So on Jones' first page it has highlights from his junior year because it was started in May before his senior season. Are those measurables still accurate? It says he runs a 4.6 yet his hudl page says he runs a 4.71. What should I deduce from that? I was simply hoping someone might have each ones most recent data. I asked a simple question hoping that some who follow recruiting a little closer than I do could clear things up since I wasn't able to go through every page of every quarterback at that time. Thanks for your comment though. I think there's some room for you in the FF. I came over here because there are too many people like you over there.

Well ill..there are plenty of jerks here, but it is a lot more reasonable place to conversate. There were several of us that responded to your post. But yet you only commented on the jerk. How about you just ignore him, and just appreciate us friendly types?..

My apologies. I do appreciate you guys and shouldn't have let others' ignorance get in the way of that. Thanks for the response(s).

On paper speed like forty times aren't going to tell you how fast and effective someone is going to be in game with pads on. Being able to see the field and react to it with that speed is more important. That's why some kids are ineffective running even if they're 4.3 forty guys and some that are 4.7 forty guys are effective runners.

Sheriron Jones: 4.60 40 time

Quinten Dormady: he's said to have between a 4.73-4.80 40 time

Jujaun Jennings: clocks in with an impressive 4.54 40 time

All three of these quarterbacks fit the offense because all three are athletic, but what separates these quarterbacks will be their work ethic and the progression they'll make. However no matter how fast a guy is.. he won't see the field unless he can throw consistently. Interested to see how it goes.

Sheriron Jones: 4.60 40 time

Quinten Dormady: he's said to have between a 4.73-4.80 40 time

Jujaun Jennings: clocks in with an impressive 4.54 40 time

All three of these quarterbacks fit the offense because all three are athletic, but what separates these quarterbacks will be their work ethic and the progression they'll make. However no matter how fast a guy is.. he won't see the field unless he can throw consistently. Interested to see how it goes.

Dormady is big kid. No idea what the height/weight stats are on the other two and half the time those are wrong but Q is a big guy without being in a S&C program yet.

So say all three quarterbacks are in a 3-way tie. Do the coaches go with the mobile quarterback (JJ) the gunslinger (QD) or the balanced (SJ)? I have no idea, what do yall think
?

VN Store

Back