Who's next to commit? (1/9/15 Edition)

Brillovol

We are THE Volunteer State
Lab Rat
Let's keep this mojo going.

Last edited:
I am going to say Newsome, maybe Allen or another olineman between now and NSD. We will have to hold to what we have it will be a dog fight with some of our current commits imho as it usually is but the EE have made things a bit easier.

Reactions: 1 person
Quarte Sapp on 1/16

Ryan Newsome on 1/23

then Pat Allen

then Bryce love or Jaason Lewis on NSD

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I have to say, the 10 signees alone im happy and impressed with Butch has done a better job with selling the program than me a VFL for 27 years and counting. In two...its OUTrageous and i appreciate that more than anything... Good ole Rocky Top baby, bring on Allen and love because we need them most

Reactions: 7 people
I believe Butch said top 3-4 class.
I believe many posters said "exaggeration"

Butch said he would do it, don't know why people assumed he was sugarcoating. To me it meant he had a few commits in the bag, with Jones being 1 and Phillips another. I think he's got a few more tricks up his sleeve before NSD.

Reactions: 11 people
And to think many of us questioned Jones ability to recruit when he was hired...:mf_surrender:

Im hearing Keyshawn Vaughn running back out of Nashville possibly. Would be a great pick up this kid is the real deal.

Yep. Odd how often good coaches seem to know more about what's actually going on than those who continue to question every little thing. Funny how that works.

Same things people said about Dooley.

JK. Couldn't resist. :p

I know this is not allowed here. But, Pat Allen does not strike me as a dominant OT that is going to come in and lock down a spot after fall camp to me. Did not appear that impressive in his highlights to me. I know he's rated 4* at a position of desperate need, but my untrained eye just does not see it. Good size tho. It appears to me that by the time he's SEC ready, we'll have solved our OT issues. Depth on the OL notwithstanding.
But, if Butch thinks so, then I think so.

Are we sure UGA did not cool on the kid just like we did with a lot of our "defectors" that we upgraded from over the past 3 months? It's not like UGA is having a problem filling spots this year. Too lazy to look in the RF for the reason he's looking around.

I know this is not allowed here. But, Pat Allen does not strike me as a dominant OT that is going to come in and lock down a spot after fall camp to me. Did not appear that impressive in his highlights to me. I know he's rated 4* at a position of desperate need, but my untrained eye just does not see it. Good size tho. It appears to me that by the time he's SEC ready, we'll have solved our OT issues. Depth on the OL notwithstanding.

Are we sure UGA did not cool on the kid just like we did with a lot of our "defectors" that we upgraded from over the past 3 months? It's not like UGA is having a problem filling spots this year. Too lazy to look in the RF for the reason he's looking around.

Kid is good. Showed out at the All America game. Look back a few pages for specifics.

Reactions: 2 people

Allen would def. be a welcomed addition.. Him cooling on uga was due to Bobo the OC leaving Athens and taking the OL coach with.. Allen was supposed to announce at the semper fi game but postponed that wanting to give the new OC and OL coach a fair chance to pitch their story.

In the end I think we win out and a true LT prospect is def. a take atp or St. Louis. Developing Allen would be imperative if he were to join. Latroy Lewis is a perfect example.. Cpl years in the program and now he's become a serviceable player. We really just need a LT is the point I'm getting at

Remember the days of the 'Big Fish'...so glad they're over!!! Almost all of this class are lunkers!

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back