Two 5 star DTs looking at Vols (Rivals)

McKenzie and Tuttle? :dunno:

Reactions: 2 people
ORLANDO, Fla. -- While Tennessee is putting the finishing touches on its class of 2015, the Vol coaching staff can turn some attention to continuing to build on the already strong 2016 class. Get the latest on two 5-star defensive tackles who have an interest in Tennessee inside.

Dexter Lawrence and Rashan Gary are the two DT's the article is discussing. I'll let other's copy and paste the content if they chose.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
Anyone who watched the television coverage of The Opening saw Gary dominating. He was one of the few Juniors invited this year.

For old geezers like me, I come to learn that it matters to start early.

In today's world, to some guys, obviously not all, it means something to be the contacted early. I can remember a few of the recruits that Tennessee has gotten recently mentioned that they got early "love" from the Vols.

So it is definitely not too early for 2016 recruiting and for selected cases, even 2017. The old adage, the "early bird gets the worm" still seems to have a lot of truth in recruiting. Still doesn't mean the young men won't change their mind multiple times but to be among the first to offer scholarships is definitely in UT's favor. Its up to CBJ & company to keep them on the hook over the long period until they actually become Tennessee student athletes.

Reactions: 8 people
For old geezers like me, I come to learn that it matters to start early.

In today's world, to some guys, obviously not all, it means something to be the contacted early. I can remember a few of the recruits that Tennessee has gotten recently mentioned that they got early "love" from the Vols.

So it is definitely not too early for 2016 recruiting and for selected cases, even 2017. The old adage, the "early bird gets the worm" still seems to have a lot of truth in recruiting. Still doesn't mean the young men won't change their mind multiple times but to be among the first to offer scholarships is definitely in UT's favor. Its up to CBJ & company to keep them on the hook over the long period until they actually become Tennessee student athletes.
I agree, Geez. CBJ's not the only HC to be going after these slightly younger ones. The fact that they're enthusiastic about wearing the big orange T's on their helmets is testimony of Butch's tenacity at recruiting, so if anybody wants to knock his tactics, let 'em look at the results to date. You've gotta' know that he's going after the tip-top recruiting class in order to win the NC. Gathering bricks.

I am sure this has been posted, but I don't have time to find it in the mess of threads. Can someone give me the names of the two DTs that are interested in the Vols to finish up our class for 2015?

Here is the link if you have a rivals sub. (Cancelled a week ago, figures)

https://tennessee.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=879&script=/content.asp&cid=1722288

I seen where Tom recruiting expert on espn said if we had wanted Settle we might have got him.:eek:hmy:

big_fish.jpg

Anybody think the signings of Mackenzie and Tuttle along with the emergence of Barnett will make it easier to land top guys every year? The best want to play with the best right?

VN Store

Back