So Bama #1 again. How is this even possible?

BigOrangeTrain

Morior Invictus
So after today after landing Payne and Sheffield, Alabama is a virtual lock to land the number one recruiting class yet again. I am beginning to wonder how this is possible. What is this the 5th straight year they have signed the number one class? I get they are a great team with a great HC but how can any team sustain this kind of recruiting success? I know they cheat with the best of them but geez.

I think this is an indictment on Saban's coaching ability. He should win championships every year. I think his coaching has slipped a little. Flame away rednecks.

Reactions: 12 people
Great facilities, consistently a top 5 team, great coaches. I don't understand why they wouldn't get another top class. We have 1.5-2 (some assistant coaches are debatable)/3 and we are getting consistent top 7 classes right now.

Reactions: 1 person
snow bunnies, suits, and the fact that nick saban takes them out on his boat where he can yell at them if they don't wakeboard or kneeboard correctly.

You go to Bama, you know you're gonna win. You know you're gonna compete. You know he's gonna get the best out of you. Saban goes after the best, and then pushes them to be the best. You wanna be the best, you wanna play for Saban.

It's taken a while for him to develop that, but it's how people see him. Butch is doing the same thing here at Tennessee. Players like Scott, Helm, Hendrix leaving? We cater to nobody. You're gonna have to earn your playing time here. We're gonna get the best out of you. If you don't like it, if you can't handle it, transfer.

But that's how Saban does it. Players know that it's a proving ground, and the best want to prove themselves.

Reactions: 7 people
Recruiting at bama right now is like handing out water in the desert. They can all but guarantee that if you go there you'll play for a national title. Bama has an aura of greatness about them right now. As much as I hate to say that it's true.

So after today after landing Payne and Sheffield, Alabama is a virtual lock to land the number one recruiting class yet again. I am beginning to wonder how this is possible. What is this the 5th straight year they have signed the number one class? I get they are a great team with a great HC but how can any team sustain this kind of recruiting success? I know they cheat with the best of them but geez.

Hookers and blow, that's how they're doing it.....just sayin.

Reactions: 5 people
Recruiting at bama right now is like handing out water in the desert. They can all but guarantee that if you go there you'll play for a national title. Bama has an aura of greatness about them right now. As much as I hate to say that it's true.
Well it got knocked down a few notches last night. It was thoroughly enjoyable.

Reactions: 8 people
I believe in the first year at Bama, 2007, Saban finished 7-6 and had the number 1 recruiting class. UM is the same, Ohio State, has finished in the top 5 recruiting since he started. Great recruiting, good coaching ... winning strategy. I know Kiffin pushed the envelope at UT in recruiting, on the verge of cheating. I was not surprised Saban was interested in him.

Reactions: 3 people
You cant put but 11 of them at a time on the field at once, we are gaining hang in there they got a azz kicking in the future from TENNESSEE.:eek:hmy:

Reactions: 1 person
Well Ohio State was just as big, just as fast, and definitely just as good a team. Recruiting is subjective a lot of times. It can be hit or miss and not a promise you'll compete or win. Just makes it a lot easier to get in those positions.

So funny. Why be jealous we are doing fine.

Honestly you do start to wonder what he's telling some of these kids. I mean unless you're a stud you're probably not getting on the field early at all at Bama. Seems odd to me that he convinces that many really good recruits every year to come in a ride the bench. He is Saban, and he has prestige and a hand full of championship rings so i guess that's enough..

Reactions: 2 people
Pretty soon Butch will be able to beat Saban with our recruits or with his.

It's Great To Be.....A Tennessee VOL!!!!

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back