28 is the new 25

tabrams

Supportin' the Cause
Mods feel free to add this to the numbers thread. After reading many pages in there, it's still not clear how we can get to 28 signees.....

Everybody gets the total cannot exceed 85 (Or should). But the rules seem to change every year.

As stated in the numbers thread:

1. Jucos don't count towards the 25/ class
2. According to VN "experts" we could only take 24 Bc we couldn't backcount any and swafford counts off on this class
3. But if we could take 25, swafford didn't count, and we can backcount 2, plus a juco, then this equals 28.

Does anybody understand what the truth to all this is?? Forget gray shirts, blue shirts, etc....

1295.gif

Reactions: 32 people
I for one have no clue. I'm just gonna let the guys getting paid big $ figure it out while I have fun watching the show.

Reactions: 5 people
It might be the 7 that have left, but unsure of all the numbers that we have counting against us.

Mods feel free to add this to the numbers thread. After reading many pages in there, it's still not clear how we can get to 28 signees.....

Everybody gets the total cannot exceed 85 (Or should). But the rules seem to change every year.

As stated in the numbers thread:

1. Jucos don't count towards the 25/ class
2. According to VN "experts" we could only take 24 Bc we couldn't backcount any and swafford counts off on this class
3. But if we could take 25, swafford didn't count, and we can backcount 2, plus a juco, then this equals 28.

Does anybody understand what the truth to all this is?? Forget gray shirts, blue shirts, etc....

Reactions: 4 people
The loophole hinges on the early enrollees not signing the National Letter of Intent, but some other scholarship papers (Financial Aid Agreement). The NLI binds each party together. Apparently the other does not, and the recruit could walk away. Josh Malone signed these papers with more than one school last year, and essentially just showed up in Knoxville. The 25 Limit is an SEC Mandate, and is specifically linked to the NLI. As long as we never exceed the NCAA's 85 Scholarship limit, this is how the loophole works. Last March, post-signing day, the NCAA at least clarified and said the first school who signs the early enrollee this way gets him, and the kids could no longer sign paperwork with multiple schools.

Reactions: 1 person
I'd like to see that too.....it's funny how everyone used to understand the rules and now nobody does....

Say what you will about Bruin, but he was good for digging out the rulebook complete with links about this stuff.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back