Its not what you think...
4_535903.jpg

Cornerback
Nashville, TN (Montgomery Bell Academy)
Ht: 5-8 | Wt: 165
CLASS OF 2015

Rivals
Hudl

I think he may have been offered a preferred walk-on spot. Saying on Twitter that he has committed.

Reactions: 5 people
Michael Lacey ‏@ML_era8 18m18 minutes ago
I am now committed to play football at The University of Tennessee #GBO #RockyTop can't wait to get up to Knox

Reactions: 6 people
I can't see a scholly but a walk on spot seems plausible. Very aggressive on film despite his size can definitely see him contributing in a few years

Reactions: 1 person
If true...can all the gloom and doomers explain how we have players like this and Eli Wolf WALKING ON to a "troubled" program?

Reactions: 3 people
I coached this kid in jr. pro. Great kid with exceptional speed...fastest I've ever seen!

Good genes too....his dad played football at TSU and mom was a Tigerbelle. His uncle played at Stanford.

Awesome pick up!

Reactions: 14 people
I coached this kid in jr. pro. Great kid with exceptional speed...fastest I've ever seen!

Good genes too....his dad played football at TSU and mom was a Tigerbelle. His uncle played at Stanford.

Awesome pick up!

Sounds like a quality addition. Let's see what he's got. Montgomery Bell is a quality program, so he should be well coached. Does he have highlights floating around?

Edit: Never mind, I just found the link above. He is solid.

Last edited:
Sounds like a quality addition. Let's see what he's got. Montgomery Bell is a quality program, so he should be well coached. Does he have highlights floating around?

His highlights are in the OP.

He definitely comes from a well coached program. The only knock I have on him is his size. 5' 8" is pushing it IMO. If not for that I think he would of been recruited fairly heavy with his speed and toughness. Will be one of the fastest kids on the team...guaranteed.

He and Wolf are two that I could see earning a scholarship down the line. I'm excited to get those two as walk ons.

His highlights are in the OP.

He definitely comes from a well coached program. The only knock I have on him is his size. 5' 8" is pushing it IMO. If not for that I think he would of been recruited fairly heavy with his speed and toughness. Will be one of the fastest kids on the team...guaranteed.

Yeah, I agree. That is a concern. However, he could light it up on punt return and kick return. No questioning his toughness. Looks like he hits hard and covers well. And if he has receivers hearing his foot steps, that could make him effective despite his lack of height. He reminds me a little of Darrell Green, who was only 5' 9".

Love this kid's highlight video. It doesn't matter who it is, he always gets the tackle made. He plays much bigger than his size. Will immediately have opportunities on teams and will have a chance to play CB once he gains weight via our S&C program. Kid is a burner!

Love this kid's highlight video. It doesn't matter who it is, he always gets the tackle made. He plays much bigger than his size. Will immediately have opportunities on teams and will have a chance to play CB once he gains weight via our S&C program. Kid is a burner!

I agree! Has a nose for the ball and his closing speed is top notch IMO. May find a niche on ST sooner than we think..

I listen to a short segment every weekday morning called "INKspirations" to get my mind focused for the day. If anyone on here has not had the opportunity to listen to INKY speak in the mornings, its truly motivational stuff. I loved him instantly when he took the field as a freshman. I remember sitting next to my father in section Z11. I saw #29 at DB making play after play. I remember saying "dad, Inquoris johnson looks like a diamond in the rough."

Enough reminiscing and rambling but long story short, you truly don't know what you have until you give kids like Michael Lacey and Inky Johnson a shot.

https://rivals.yahoo.com/tennessee/football/recruiting/player-Inquoris-Johnson-24271

Reactions: 3 people
At minimum will be a very solid addition to special teams. Looks like the kid had a UK offer, not sure if commitable but he can obviously play. Great pick-up.

I love the walk-ons we've been getting. Don't forget Jumper who will be seeing an increased role as MLB depth next year.

Welcome to the family, Michael Lacey! Play with a chip on your shoulder and with all the heart you have. May you do very special things here Knoxville! Live that dream, VFL!

VN Store

Back