If you are Gus Malzahn

VolNilla Ice

Do the short term rewards of hiring Muschump outweigh the recruiting ramifications of staff turnover in 2-3yrs if/when Muschump takes another job?(Not saying he will or that I know anything) I personally would have stayed away from him as I think we've seen first hand what turnover does to a program. We got lucky to hire a staff unafraid to put in the long hours of remending all the fences and rebuilding those HS relationships.

Do the short term rewards of hiring Muschump outweigh the recruiting ramifications of staff turnover in 2-3yrs if/when Muschump takes another job?(Not saying he will or that I know anything) I personally would have stayed away from him as I think we've seen first hand what turnover does to a program. We got lucky to hire a staff unafraid to put in the long hours of remending all the fences and rebuilding those HS relationships.

It was not a good hire...it was a great hire. Do you think Bama is worried about Kifffin leaving at the moment? You do what you have to do to win right now. Muschump is a huge upgrade for AU, just like Kiffin was for Bama.

Reactions: 12 people
In college football it's about winning now. Nobody knows what the future holds. Muschamp might be gone in 2 years or he might be at auburn for 8 years, nobody knows what he will do. We hired a coach that left after one year. It's about doing what's best for your program now and hope it works out for the future. Then when it's time to make a change you make the best choice at that time again.

Reactions: 1 person
Muschamp is going to be their head man in a year or two when Malzahn makes the jump to the league ala Chip Kelly. Good hire for now and later

Similar to the David Cutclife hire for CPF IMO. Great coordinator in the SEC for many years, tries coaching at another SEC School and it doesn't work out, so go back to the school where you had success as a coordinator..... Until you can get another HC job. Coach Cut only stayed for two seasons then left CPF high and dry again.

Muschamp is going to be their head man in a year or two when Malzahn makes the jump to the league ala Chip Kelly. Good hire for now and later

Then Muschamp will turn Auburn into Fla of the west. I'm not impressed with Muschamp as a DC , while at Texas he was giving up yards and points. Now his D at Fla was awesome against Tn. Jmo

It was not a good hire...it was a great hire. Do you think Bama is worried about Kifffin leaving at the moment? You do what you have to do to win right now. Muschump is a huge upgrade for AU, just like Kiffin was for Bama.

So true if Muschamp leaves you should always be constantly coaching up future coaches in the ranks of your staff.

I wish I could figure out why some of you are such babies about a FREAKING INTERNET THREAD!?!??! IF its a stupid thread, GUESS WHAT...you have the option to continue on to the other hundreds of threads. IF its so stupid, why post?!?!?!?!! I never said it WAS or WAS NOT a good hire. Are we recruiting Gus Malzahn?? Huhuhuhu look at me, im so funny, look at my sarcastic post that took more time than I had to spend on this thread since I dont like the topic. I wanted to know how many people would have made the hire knowing youll start all over again in a few years if he were to leave, especially having the perspective we Vols have been exposed to over the past few years. I am reminded why I rarely post in this forum. Mostly great posters and people but some of you are a buncha cotton headed ninnymoggins'

Reactions: 5 people
I wish I could figure out why some of you are such babies about a FREAKING INTERNET THREAD!?!??! IF its a stupid thread, GUESS WHAT...you have the option to continue on to the other hundreds of threads. IF its so stupid, why post?!?!?!?!! I never said it WAS or WAS NOT a good hire. Are we recruiting Gus Malzahn?? Huhuhuhu look at me, im so funny, look at my sarcastic post that took more time than I had to spend on this thread since I dont like the topic. I wanted to know how many people would have made the hire knowing youll start all over again in a few years if he were to leave, especially having the perspective we Vols have been exposed to over the past few years. I am reminded why I rarely post in this forum. Mostly great posters and people but some of you are a buncha cotton headed ninnymoggins'

Just ignore sanddune, something has obviously set him off the past couple of days.

Tell us how you really feel

Jimmies rustled? You are typing like Muschamp on the sidelines!

Its the DC dude if he left they aren't starting over.

Great hire. Makes Auburn formidable.

Grow thicker skin or leave the team!

Reactions: 2 people

Yes you have to take your shot now and not worry about 3 yrs from now in regards to coaching staff

No I have important things in my life, jimmies are firmly planted in my dresser, Commando Christmas for this guy!! JK. Didnt know the Elf reference would get noticed, someone got it! I cant stand negative, whiny people that have such a high internet self importance.

Just like in business, I'm a proponent of hiring to strengthen my weaknesses. Its the "ying/yang" of life. A very good offensive mind is now combined with a very good defensive mind - they can prepare for one another and thus be better prepared for games; critique each other's game plans, offer insights, etc.

Great hire IMHO.

If you are Gus Malzahn ....
You build a rubber room off the coaches lockerroom for his tantrums.
Comission your apparel company to make some nifty "war eagle" straight jackets.
Reach out to Massengill sponsor money is sponsor money ( saban struck a similar deal for Queeffin).

VN Store

Back