Madison, Mississippi
Madison Central
Ht:6'0"
Wt:170 lbs

Nigel Knott
Nigel Knott - Yahoo! Sports
Nigel Knott - Hudl

Apparently UT offered in October. Received a CB to UT a few days ago

Ole Miss offers just about every division one level athlete in Tennessee. I would love to steal this one out of Mississippi.

Visiting this weekend.

“They’ve just been contacting me and just trying to get me up there for the junior day and all that. … They pretty much contact me, like, every day. I talked to Coach Gillespie and Coach Merci (on Tuesday). They’re telling me I’m going to love it there, and they just can’t wait to get me there.”

“They told me that I can play several positions — nickel and safety and cornerback — just because they know how good I am at man coverage,” he said. “They’ve been on me since Day One — ever since they offered me, or the day before they offered me. Ever since they offered me, they’ve just been talking to me nonstop. It’s a great relationship.”

Reactions: 3 people
Per Hubbs

It's not all about the linemen this weekend as several highly thought of skill players will be in town headlined by defensive back Nigel Knott. Knott has long been someone Tennessee, and again Robert Gillespie, has been after. Knott lived in Tennessee when he was young and his mother, who will be accompanying him this weekend, is very familiar with the state and still has some ties here. Knott will be making extensive rounds here in the near future to a lot of schools in the Carolinas and down into Georgia.

Tennessee has done a really good job so far with Knott and could really help its case on Saturday.

Reactions: 2 people
"Basically we checked out everything," Knott said. "We checked out the academics and the tradition. We learned about the town and the stadium and stuff like that. It's a different experience when you are here in person. Everything I've seen I like. There is nothing that you can't like about Tennessee."

On Coach Martinez... "He tells me where I can fit in with the defense," Knott said. "He's also going to tell me that there are others that want me also so it's my decision. He stresses that Tennessee wants me, but isn't going to pressure me."

"The stadium," Knott said. "When we first drove in and I saw it, I was like, 'man that's a view'. Everything is a whole lot bigger here than what I've seen. I knew one of the greatest experiences was going to be in that stadium and it was."

"The thing that stands out and is continuing to stand out is the family atmosphere here," Knott said. "Some schools also have it, but it's so noticeable here at Tennessee. The staff is great and you can see they care about their players."

-VQ

Reactions: 9 people

VN Store

Back