Bowl Practice Recruits?

BigTXVolFan

As we all know by now, Dormady is staying in town and participating in practice ( it seems we can't agree as to whether he is participating or there on Medical concerns). BUT is any other EE participating in the bowl practices? Hadn't seen it posted elsewhere!

As we all know by now, Dormady is staying in town and participating in practice ( it seems we can't agree as to whether he is participating or there on Medical concerns). BUT is any other EE participating in the bowl practices? Hadn't seen it posted elsewhere!

I heard on the radio this morning that if the recruit was in a all star game they could not participate in bowl practice. I was wondering if Kamara might make an appearance? Anybody? I'll hang up and listen

I was listening to the radio show this morning and Jimmy Hymes was on. He said that in order for an "EE" to participate in practice they had to already be enrolled in school.
As of now, Q. Dormady is the ONLY one eligible to practice.

Also, NONE of the "EE' are allowed to travel with the team to Jacksonville and practice with them. No way, shape, form and no exceptions!!!!!!!!

Only pactices on campus IF they are already enrolled in classes................

Reactions: 2 people
I was listening to the radio show this morning and Jimmy Hymes was on. He said that in order for an "EE" to participate in practice they had to already be enrolled in school.

Also, NONE of the "EE' are allowed to travel with the team to Jacksonville and practice with them. No way, shape, form and no exceptions!!!!!!!!

What classes occur in December that they can enroll in? Isn't it only if they're cleared by the NCAA Clearing house?

Quinten Dormady will return to Tennessee this weekend for an official visit that will be his final stop of the recruiting process before he joins the Vols next month as an early enrollee.

Top247 senior quarterback Quinten Dormady of Boerne (Texas) High School has been committed to Tennessee since June. (Photo: Ryan Callahan, 247Sports)
But he won’t be going home immediately after the visit.

The Top247 senior quarterback from Boerne (Texas) High School told GoVols247 on Thursday that he’s planning to stay at Tennessee next week to participate in several of the team’s on-campus bowl practices to get an even earlier start on his college career.

Dormady said he will be in Knoxville until Dec. 22 to go through a week of Tennessee’s practices leading up to the TaxSlayer Bowl on Jan. 2 in Jacksonville, Fla.

“It’s good that I can get up there and everything worked out here in high school to finish up. I’m definitely looking forward to it,” said Dormady, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the nation’s No. 189 overall prospect and No. 5 pro-style quarterback.

“It’s just gaining experience and being around the guys, is probably the biggest thing. And then you get to get in the playbook and be in meetings and that kind of thing. I mean, all around, it’s just much more beneficial for me to be up there than to be sitting here doing nothing.”

The 6-foot-4, 210-pound Dormady currently is expected to be the only one of Tennessee’s eight projected early enrollees who will participate in on-campus bowl practices. He said getting accustomed to the Vols’ practices will be “a huge benefit” that should allow him to make a smoother transition once spring practice begins in March.

“Obviously, I’ll be back home for Christmas, so I felt like this was in my best interest to get up there,” he said. “It’s quite a ways away from home, so I think it’ll kind of help ease into it, as well, thinking about it that way. I think there’s more pros to going up there than there is cons.”

Dormady said he’s “definitely excited” to join the Vols.

“It’s weird to know that my high-school career is over and I’m done with high school. That’s definitely kind of weird, knowing that this is my last day,” he said.

“But I’m excited about the next chapter and just building as a man going into college, and as a player as well.”

He said he “absolutely” feels better prepared for what awaits him at Tennessee after his father, Mike Dormady, who serves as Boerne’s head coach, incorporated some of the Vols’ offensive plays and terminology into his team’s playbook this year.

“As I go up there, it’s just trying to get back in the system and learning as much as I can and picking up as much as I can, as quickly as I can, I guess,” the younger Dormady said. “That way, whenever I get there in January, it’s just building on it and it’s not starting from the ground level.

“Obviously, with me doing some stuff this year inside that system, that helped and that’s a foundation. Now it’s just kind of building on that and learning little things about football that you don’t get in high school.”

Dormady said he’s eager to begin competing with Tennessee sophomore starter Joshua Dobbs and the rest of the Vols’ quarterbacks.

“Anywhere you go, it’s going to be a competition,” Dormady said. “And obviously (Dobbs has) gotten much more experience than I have, so I’m just going to go in and try to get better as I can and see how things work out and then kind of go from there.

“Going into it, it’s whoever has the job, and obviously he’s got it right now, so it’s just working on my skills and then building on those and seeing how things go through the spring.”

:loco:

Tennesseeduke

Reactions: 11 people
I still don't get it...pro style in a spread style. I've seen film of Dormady and Jennings. To me Jennings fits the
O-scheme we run now better. Is Butch planning to run a two QB system? :whistling:

GO VOLS!

I still don't get it...pro style in a spread style. I've seen film of Dormady and Jennings. To me Jennings fits the
O-scheme we run now better. Is Butch planning to run a two QB system? :whistling:

GO VOLS!

I watched his highlights and he can throw pretty well, but he don't seem fast or quick, just don't see that he is a fit for this system, and we wont change the system.:unsure:

What about Jack Jones?

**He said he “absolutely” feels better prepared for what awaits him at Tennessee after his father, Mike Dormady, who serves as Boerne’s head coach, incorporated some of the Vols’ offensive plays and terminology into his team’s playbook this year.**

This right here is a thing of beauty. Butch and Jake doing work!

Reactions: 3 people
Hyams asked Butch point blank "I know you can't use names but it's been reported one commitment will be on campus with the team for bowl practice, do you expect more than just one?" Butch answered "no"

Reactions: 1 person

GO VOLS!

This kid can play and he can a run little bit too. He will be a nice fit in this offense. I would rather have a pure passer that can run a little bit as opposed to a straight dual threat QB. Injuries seem to be more common and when you need a to convert on a long third down for example, it's better to have a pure passer in my opinion. Everyone get's stuck on the Jones system and QB fits but that should not be a concern. Most programs are running spreads now and they can be more run oriented or pass oriented depending upon your personnel.

Reactions: 2 people
Kid seems to think he may be able to usnseat Dobbs. As for running, you don't have to be fast, just be able to take advantage of opportunities to run to get 1st downs, i.e. Bo Wallace.

Reactions: 5 people

GO VOLS!

Dormady is the 5th ranked Dual Threat QB on 247. He fits the system perfectly.

Kid would have to be of great talent to play as a freshman at QB. Dobbs will get much better by the time fall comes around next year. My guess a shake up In The OL is coming and with kamara beside Hurd I would expect a better of a run game.

Better times a coming vol fan and in my opinion I think the defense with lead the way followed closely by the offense.

Biggest needs is OL. Biggest want beside OL is more speed in secondary.

Reactions: 1 person
Kid seems to think he may be able to usnseat Dobbs. As for running, you don't have to be fast, just be able to take advantage of opportunities to run to get 1st downs, i.e. Bo Wallace.

QBs are like fighter pilots, if they don't have confidence in themselves...who will.

Kid would have to be of great talent to play as a freshman at QB. Dobbs will get much better by the time fall comes around next year. My guess a shake up In The OL is coming and with kamara beside Hurd I would expect a better of a run game.

Better times a coming vol fan and in my opinion I think the defense with lead the way followed closely by the offense.

Biggest needs is OL. Biggest want beside OL is more speed in secondary.

I could also go for that friggin punter at bamer.

I still don't understand how this is legal:

The kid has not signed a letter of intent.

He is not attending classes.

Why can he practice with the team?

VN Store

Back