How likely is it we land all 3 QBs?

skasper06

And would it be a good thing if we did?

Personally I don't think we end up with Sheriron. Not with Jennings and Dormady enrolling early. And I am fine with that. I really like both Quinten and Jauan. Crazier things have happened I guess. But last I checked only one QB plays at a time. If we do land all 3 I can't imagine a scenario where all 3 finish their careers at Tennessee...unless position changes happen and/or we suddenly run a dual QB system.

Reactions: 1 person
And would it be a good thing if we did?

Personally I don't think we end up with Sheriron. Not with Jennings and Dormady enrolling early. And I am fine with that. I really like both Quinten and Jauan. Crazier things have happened I guess. But last I checked only one QB plays at a time. If we do land all 3 I can't imagine a scenario where all 3 finish their careers at Tennessee...unless position changes happen and/or we suddenly run a dual QB system.

Can't see the staff forbidding 3 quality QBs because we are thin there. But generally they like to take only one or 2. If two, they ideally like to stagger the progression with a redshirt in order to keep depth orderly.

Can't really see our offensive line becoming elite in one off season. So, Dobbs could be at higher risk of injury next season too putting us closer to the dreaded freshman QB situation.

I think you answered your own question, but I'd like to see it play out. I do think QD is being underestimated for this system. Jmo

i cant wait to see it happen....i hope we land him cause, we need it for sure how prone our qbs have been in the past few years and how peterman hasnt came on yet he could decided to leave esp if we land three he could be on the way out or soon to be heading out if he doesnt have a good spring unless he fights it out.

i hope we get him and he comes in august instead of enrolling early

I think you answered your own question, but I'd like to see it play out. I do think QD is being underestimated for this system. Jmo

I, for one, think QD is a bit overrated in the board here. His videos show a QB who fails to set his feet or position himself for most of his throws.

This can be fixed through reps and footwork.

The bright side is his ability to work through progressions at the high school level. In his videos you see him read the defense and selectively target his receivers.

Understand, I am not saying he is terrible or even substandard. I am just saying he has some work to do and is not the second coming of manning right now.

In all fairness, Jones, Dormady, Jennings, and Kendall are all QB recruits that I feel better about than any we have had in at least 5-6 years.

Will be hard to beat Clausen, the last great UT QB. Hopefully one of these guys can do whT he did and exceed him.

I, for one, think QD is a bit overrated in the board here. His videos show a QB who fails to set his feet or position himself for most of his throws.

The bright side is his ability to work through progressions at the high school level. In his videos you see him read the defense and selectively target his receivers.

Understand, I am not saying he is terrible or even substandard. I am just saying he has some work to do and is not the second coming of manning right now.

I agree; but remember, PM wasn't the QB we came to love his first few games. He struggled a bit early on with his footwork.

Remember when everyone thought Peterman was the next great UT QB? Let's get all 3 and let the competition play out.

Reactions: 5 people
Honestly, I think a 2 QB system could work well for us, given the types of QBs we are recruiting. When you have a pocket passer type and a scrambler, you can work them in together because they bring different things to the table. We saw this work well with Chris Leak and Tim Tebow in Florida. Also worked with DJ Shockley and David Greene at Georgia. Florida State used two QBs for several years, as well.

There are enough differences between Dormady, Jennings, and Austin Kendall that I could see a 2-QB system giving defenses fits.

Alabama (Saban/Kiffin) want Dormady. That's all you need to know.......

UT has offered four star 2016 Spring Hill dual-threat QB Tylin Odin. Sorry, I think that's how you spell it. Anyway he's supposed to be about 6' 5", 190lbs. So Butch is trying to reel in some pretty good QBs. We'll see how it shakes out. :rock:

GO VOLS!

Honestly, I think a 2 QB system could work well for us, given the types of QBs we are recruiting. When you have a pocket passer type and a scrambler, you can work them in together because they bring different things to the table. We saw this work well with Chris Leak and Tim Tebow in Florida. Also worked with DJ Shockley and David Greene at Georgia. Florida State used two QBs for several years, as well.

There are enough differences between Dormady, Jennings, and Austin Kendall that I could see a 2-QB system giving defenses fits.

I was wondering the same, since you need to attach teams differently through out the season. Having a 2 QB system allows you to play different styles against different team.

Normally I'd say that many QB's is insane BUT next year we will have Dobbs and Peterman on scholarship plus whoever comes in as a freshman, but odds are not all three stay if they come in. The best hope is you can keep the best 1 maybe 2. Last year we finished the year with our fourth string QB. Who know's what will happen next year.

Look at all the mediocre qb's in the SEC, then look at our depth and tell me you can't understand why we would not want a third Qb.

Yep. Everyone thought he'd be great. Then we all saw him play.

Which is why it serves one well to tap the brakes often when analyzing high school QBs. I haven't done the research (but I might) but my guess if you took the top 10 QBs from each class over the last 5 years, I bet only a fourth of them are actually playing.

VN Store

Back