Fredrick Johnson
Offensive Tackle
West Palm Beach, FL (Royal Palm Beach)
Ht: 6-6.5 | Wt: 301

Fredrick Johnson
Football Recruiting - Fredrick Johnson - Player Profiles - ESPN
Scout.com: Fredrick Johnson Profile
Fredrick Johnson - Hudl

Johnson, a former Virginia Tech commit, says Tennessee, LSU, Kentucky, Purdue and Miami are a few of the schools that have visited him during the contact period. He has no plans to take an official visits this weekend, but January could be a busy travel time for Johnson.

-Gators 247
He said he will definitely visit Miami.

Last edited:
Less than 60 days until national signing day and we're still turning over rocks. The coaches must really have concerns with the guys they have committed. These guys never slow down :):)

If we could close this class with St. Louis and Johnson, that would go a long way to helping out the OL situation. I trust the coaches, but these numbers are CRAZY. Can't wait to see how it works out.

Less than 60 days until national signing day and we're still turning over rocks. The coaches must really have concerns with the guys they have committed. These guys never slow down :):)

I imagine it is more of a case where the coaches feel they don't have enough (OTs) committed rather than concerns about who is committed.

They never should have went all in on Richmond. I said back in the summer the same thing. It's funny Leb destroyed me for saying that then but now he says the same thing. He was never coming to UT. Should have taken Austin Clark when they had the chance. I do still think Hall can be a good player.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Every one on this board feels we should always go all out for the best players from the state. I remember saying why can't UT get DL 2 years back-asking why no DLs would not come for early playing time. Look were thy are now. This will work out. UT is not going to get great next year, but they will over the next few.

They never should have went all in on Richmond. I said back in the summer the same thing. It's funny Leb destroyed me for saying that then but now he says the same thing. He was never coming to UT. Should have taken Austin Clark when they had the chance. I do still think Hall can be a good player.

I was all in on the instate guy till he chose Ole Miss. You would be correct on that. The day he committed was the day IMO CBJ would have been wise to move on. I still think William Sweet would have been very much in play for UT had they turned the focus to him that day. Sweet is deciding between UNC and LSU shortly I believe.

Pretty sure that Clark is projected to be an OG. We do not need any more of those.

I like that ratio....hop ut ends up with couple of ot

Frederick Johnson has set up an official visit to Tennessee in January. I think most consider Miami to still be his leader. He plan to visit Miami first and the LSU (who has not offered yet). I am hoping that we get his last visit. A 6-8 OT would be a great way to finish the class.

247:
Fredrick Johnson, a 6-foot-8, 285-pound skyscraper at offensive tackle out of Royal Palm Beach (Fla.) High School, has scheduled a trio of official visits with Florida, LSU and Tennessee for January, head coach Willie Bueno tells Scout.
The massive offensive lineman kicked off the recruiting process with a verbal commitment to Virginia Tech, but placed all teams on an even slate and opted to reopen his recruitment. Johnson tells Scout he'll be making a trip to the nearby University of Miami as well, who many believe is the leader in his recruitment at this point.
"Miami is the first one in January for me," Johnson said.
The senior has an intriguing frame and a load of athleticism for the position to build off moving forward. Once he gets in a college strength and conditioning program, Johnson's craft could reach a whole other level with the amount of upside he has in the trenches.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back