Remaining Targets (discussion welcome)

Dust10

A Drain.
Thought I'd put together a list of targets that A) seem to be interested in becoming Vols and B) we seem to be interested in signing.

This is sort of like the targets/commits thread, but gives a place where serious targets are listed and can be discussed in one thread (seems like stickied threads don't get much discussion).

Here is my personal assessment (small chance, 50/50 chance, or strong chance) of where I personally think we stand.

No doubt there will be names added and subtracted from this list as we get closer to NSD. I'll keep the thread updated if there is interest.

Discussion and debate welcome :hi:

Offensive Targets

RB:
Bryce Love (50/50 chance)
John Kelly (50/50 chance)
Jaason Lewis (50/50 chance)

OL:

Pat Allen (50/50 chance)
Drew Richmond (small chance)

Defensive Targets

DL
Prince Tega (Small chance)

LB:
Quarte Sapp (50/50 chance)

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 people
I think UGA has a slight advantage over us on Allen currently but he keeps in contact so the door is open wider than some suggest.

I also just have this gut feeling that Amadi will not be here. That said generally I'm wrong on these where it's a toss up.

You have 4 "Strong Chances" listed, if we get all 4 of them that would be a class of 30 if we keep the 26 that have already given us a verbal. I trust Butch and the staff but I do not understand how they will make the numbers work for 2015

You have 4 "Strong Chances" listed, if we get all 4 of them that would be a class of 30 if we keep the 26 that have already given us a verbal. I trust Butch and the staff but I do not understand how they will make the numbers work for 2015

Yeah, I'm not touching the numbers issues and who on our commit list might not be here. Those are just guys I feel will definitely be Vols. I'm least confident on Justin Martin out of those 4.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, I'm not touching the numbers issues and who on our commit list might not be here. Those are just guys I feel will definitely be Vols. I'm least confident on Justin Martin out of those 4.

was wandering about the numbers issue myself..

We finish - kirkland , love , phillips I will be happy man.. Hopefully sneak a OL / DB in there as well.

Good idea on this thread imo.

Also, in before this one too is ruined with more numbers discussion and rampant moral speculation about our coaches and their decisions we know nothing about.

Reactions: 3 people
bunch of shady bastards who think winning footballs games is more important than catering to the whims of teenagers!

If you look at our needs and space, I would say pick about 4 of these guys: IMO it should be Phillips first, I like his versatility in that he could play OL also. We do need another OL in my opinion so St.Louis or Allen would be second. We also need another RB, have to go with Love here and then Kirkland. My next three in order would be Walker, Jefferson and then Martin or Amandi either one

The more I look at that list in the OP, the foggier the picture gets leading up to NSD.

I can easily envision a scenario in which the coaches will have the ability to add about 10 more players that aren't currently committed. Especially after a positive bowl performance.

The QB Jones seems like a serious possiblity, I can see adding 2 more Rb's, at least one WR, hopefully at least one OL, Phillips and Walker look like strong possibilities along with both Kirkland and Sapp and lastly Martin and Ugo at DB. That's 11 guys with at least 8 being real strong options.

Jones and staff are for sure going to be earning those raises as this plays out the next 2 months.

We have 25 apparently cause its been word that Cecil has decommitted from here

The more I look at that list in the OP, the foggier the picture gets leading up to NSD.

I can easily envision a scenario in which the coaches will have the ability to add about 10 more players that aren't currently committed. Especially after a positive bowl performance.

The QB Jones seems like a serious possiblity, I can see adding 2 more Rb's, at least one WR, hopefully at least one OL, Phillips and Walker look like strong possibilities along with both Kirkland and Sapp and lastly Martin and Ugo at DB. That's 11 guys with at least 8 being real strong options.

Jones and staff are for sure going to be earning those raises as this plays out the next 2 months.

Yeah, I'm thinking all of those defensive guys are seriously in play.

I'd really like to add 1 OL, 1 RB, and 1 WR to the list as well.

I think there will be a lot of activity leading up to EE enrollment date and then NSD. Will be fun to follow!

Yeah, I'm thinking all of those defensive guys are seriously in play.

I'd really like to add 1 OL, 1 RB, and 1 WR to the list as well.

I think there will be a lot of activity leading up to EE enrollment date and then NSD. Will be fun to follow!

I'm pretty confident in those defensive guys as well. Shame this isn't another 30+ class, although I think we will get to about 27/28 somehow.

Nice thread. Walker has shown interest lately so it should be interesting to see what he does

This is a guy I never really thought about much until after this weekend. Seems to be seriously interested and could be a gamechanger at DE.

Prediction: Kirkland AND Walker commit to UT at the Army game.

I was always trying to figure these things out, too, but finally decided it wasn't worth the worry. The numbers will always work themselves out.

Signing Day will arrive much sooner now that we are still playing football in January!

Why so low on S. Jones? Seems like a real possibility. LV get to you?? :eek:lol:

Naww, I'm just letting that one play out a bit more. I don't think we've seen a quote from PFort/Hubbs about him, unless I'm mistaken.

Ill give my 2 cents:

Offense
Sheriron Jones:30/70 (Ole Miss)
Bryce Love:50/50 (Stanford)
Kendall Bussey:50/50 (Nebraska)
Michael Weber:60/40 (If he and Kelly come in for a visit, I think they both are Vols)
John Kelly:60/40 (See above)
Van Jefferson:30/70 (Family really loves UGA)
Ryan Newsome:60/40 (Pig clone)
Tyree St. Louis:70/30 (Bit of a project but could play either side and is a true tackle)
Pat Allen:20/80 (Georgia)
Drew Richmond:0/100 (Do NOT want this guy, and is has nothing to do with Verbal to Ole Miss or any other VN traditions)

Defensive
Kyle Phillips:50/50 (Its either us or LSU)
D'Andre Walker:90/10 (Ive been saying hes a Vol for months)
Darrin Kirkland Jr:80/20 (Cancelling visits is a good sign. Look for a double dip on January 3rd)
Quarte Sapp:60/40 (Only way he isnt a Vol is if he waits too long and we dont have room)
Justin Martin:60/40 (LSU getting the last visit drops this from 70/30)
Ugo Amadi:50/50 (What happens with Phillips and Martin will affect this one)

Others we have a shot at:
Bryan Cole: 20/80 (Percentage goes up if we get a visit)
Michael Horton:50/50 (Coaching change at Florida and we just had an in home, back up to St Louis or if one of our lineman leave)

NRPP, do you mind sharing any information about why you want us to have nothing to do with Richmond? I took from it that he maybe has some character issues, but may be reading too much into it. Also, I was under the impression that we were in very good shape with Love. I am wondering if the coaches are willing to take Kelly in his spot, if that means we also get Weber.

VN Store

Back