Which incoming freshman QB would you Redshirt?

skasper06

Dobbs is the starter, Peterman is the likely #2 if nothing else because of experience. But as the past two seasons have shown, we have needed at least three QB's to finish the season because of injuries...

So if need be, which freshman would you bring in and which do you try to keep redshirting? Obviously if possible, both will likely be redshirted.

I'd say bring in Dormady. I really want to see the kid play college ball. But that's not a knock against Jennings. I'm looking forward to having them both.

Reactions: 1 person
Third string will play I think that would be dormandy but I also think Jennings will fit this o better but hopefully we are able to red shirt them all

I just don't understand. You're assuming Dobbs and Peterman will get hurt even though Dobbs has demonstrated that he will not take as many hits at Worley or another pocket passer. Then we're posed with the question of Dormady or Jennings before either of them steps foot on campus. Jennings may not even be a QB, and it looks as though we'll get another QB commitment Jan 3rd.

1. "wouldnt redshirt either of them. dont you know that incoming freshmen are always better than anything you have on your roster?" - VN

2. "wouldnt redshirt either of them... because neither would be on my team. they arent 5 stars." - nationdom

3. "well I wouldnt redshirt either of them because CBJ made promises and I dont want him to break those promises. it could cause someone to transfer. well maybe I would redshirt both because If they play, they might scare away any future QB commits/prospects. but either way, it opens up another spot in our numers... yadda yadda yadda" - Leb

did I do it right?

Reactions: 14 people
1. "wouldnt redshirt either of them. dont you know that incoming freshmen are always better than anything you have on your roster?" - VN

2. "wouldnt redshirt either of them... because neither would be on my team. they arent 5 stars." - nationdom

3. "well I wouldnt redshirt either of them because CBJ made promises and I dont want him to break those promises. it could cause someone to transfer. well maybe I would redshirt both because If they play, they might scare away any future QB commits/prospects. but either way, it opens up another spot in our numers... yadda yadda yadda" - Leb

did I do it right?

Looks about right to me. :) I find it harder and harder to go to the recruiting threads anymore. Btw, I miss your weekly recruiting update.

Dobbs is the starter, Peterman is the likely #2 if nothing else because of experience. But as the past two seasons have shown, we have needed at least three QB's to finish the season because of injuries...

So if need be, which freshman would you bring in and which do you try to keep redshirting? Obviously if possible, both will likely be redshirted.

I'd say bring in Dormady. I really want to see the kid play college ball. But that's not a knock against Jennings. I'm looking forward to having them both.

Torrance Gibson

I can't believe I have to say this, but if that happened, I would redshirt the player who seems to be less ready to play, as demonstrated when those players have actually arrived on campus, and practiced

Reactions: 2 people

did I do it right?

Really good!
You could also add " Dormandy had more stars than Dobbs so ....

did I do it right?

Only thing I would change is mentioning the players by name so you could misspell them. For the love of God, its Dormady not Dormandy.

Reactions: 2 people
Jennings will not play QB in college....not in the SEC anyway. He will be awarded the opportunity in camp, but a position change is in his future.

Peterman will never play another down here. Both new QBs have to be elevated the moment they step on campus, hence both being EEs

Just wait....you'll see.

And.....no one will care in two to three years when we see if you're right OR wrong.

I'll say this I think Jennings definitely would be at worst our best backup if he were currently on the roster right now. I think he gets his chance at QB.

The kid has his heart on playing QB....and personally I hope it works out for him. I just think his skills set at the collegiate level is on defense.

And.....no one will care in two to three years when we see if you're right OR wrong.

I'll say this I think Jennings definitely would be at worst our best backup if he were currently on the roster right now. I think he gets his chance at QB.

Like I said..."he'll get his chance". . .

Pete gon transfer. So if we have to play 2 QBs, it's going to be Dobbs and whoever looked the most ready in practice. Impossible to tell at this point.

In a perfect world all of them do because Dobbs finishes the season.

My guess is dormandy is the backup he has the advantage of running the offense on high school. Jennings probably needs a redshirt year.

VN Store

Back