3rd QB being recruited

Mallicoat

Seen where our OC is recruiting the decommited Sheriron Jones kid from Florida.
I am all for bringing in 3 QB's in this class if they are of great talent. Hopefully our RB recruiting stays healthy also.
I hear so much talk on young players decommiting and are not happy. Man where is the days of growing Into a player.
Any way, thought on the above?

Last edited:
Ain't worried bout a thing. We will finish with a highly rated recruiting class and we will finally have some wiggle in the depth chart.

Reactions: 1 person
Seen where our OC is recruiting the decommited sheridon jones kid from Florida.
I am all for bringing in 3 QB's in this class if they are of great talent. Hopefully our RB recruiting stays healthy also.
I hear so much talk on young players decommiting and are not happy. Man where is the days of growing Into a player.

Over signing a position in a class while it looks good to the fans on NSD, usually does not look so good a year or so down the line. UT took 3 RBs last year and IF the news that Scott is considering a transfer is accurate UT may have just 1 left. They take 3 QBs, I'd expect much the same thing to play out. If they take 3 RBs again this year, I'd expect the same thing to play out. Just stands to reason now a days that talented kids will not just sit and wait their turn. Especially on a 6 win type team.

The more you see kids leaving after just 1 year, the further that team will fall behind. You can't keep investing time in signees just to watch them leave a year later. Yeah, the fans like to see spots open up so they see more commitments, but you'll never get ahead over signing positions and watching them leave a year later.

JMO

Seen where our OC is recruiting the decommited Sheriron Jones kid from Florida.

No offense but this is being discussed ad nauseum in the Sheririon Jones thread. :hi:

Reactions: 4 people
I'm all for bringing in better players at any position. Three QB's...no problem. I guess Peterman is going to transfer. :hi:

GO VOLS!

Over signing a position in a class while it looks good to the fans on NSD, usually does not look so good a year or so down the line. UT took 3 RBs last year and IF the news that Scott is considering a transfer is accurate UT may have just 1 left. They take 3 QBs, I'd expect much the same thing to play out. If they take 3 RBs again this year, I'd expect the same thing to play out. Just stands to reason now a days that talented kids will not just sit and wait their turn. Especially on a 6 win type team.

The more you see kids leaving after just 1 year, the further that team will fall behind. You can't keep investing time in signees just to watch them leave a year later. Yeah, the fans like to see spots open up so they see more commitments, but you'll never get ahead over signing positions and watching them leave a year later.

JMO

You're assuming Jennings will play QB and that Dormandy does not flip his comitment... Since we are looking at the glass half full

Reactions: 2 people
I'm all for bringing in better players at any position. Three QB's...no problem. I guess Peterman is going to transfer. :hi:

GO VOLS!

This could end up being a disaster! For instructional purposes only, lets imagine that Peterman transfers so he can get playing time his senior season.

Then let's imagine that Dobbs is injured next season (See Tyler Bray against UGA when Worley was a freshman) then we will have a super inexperienced freshman q.b. play in games such as Bama and try to get us bowl eligible.

Peterman, although he is not great as a q.b. could determine if we go to a bowl game next season.

I know this scenario is a stretch but stranger things have happened.........

You're assuming Jennings will play QB and that DORMANDY does not flip his comitment... Since we are looking at the glass half full

I've been a Dormady guy for awhile...have recently bought into Jennings...might deserve to lose Dormady since we can't get his LAST NAME RIGHT. :)

Reactions: 5 people
This could end up being a disaster! For instructional purposes only, lets imagine that Peterman transfers so he can get playing time his senior season.

Then let's imagine that Dobbs is injured next season (See Tyler Bray against UGA when Worley was a freshman) then we will have a super inexperienced freshman q.b. play in games such as Bama and try to get us bowl eligible.

Peterman, although he is not great as a q.b. could determine if we go to a bowl game next season.

The injury happening is not a stretch. To imagine that Petetman could produce, tears ligaments in my brain

Reactions: 4 people

Used to feel that he was worth keeping around til he graduates...we're in trouble if he ever starts for us IMO. Bon voyage. :salute:

Either way... our future QB, the one that can get us back isn't on the roster yet.

Peterman has proved that he cant do the job, be better of with a freshman at QB.

We haven't been above average at QB in a long, LONG time. I'm fine with taking people

If Peterman were to determine if we go bowling next year, we won't go.

If we're taking a 3rd Qb , why not go after Braxton Miller if he is indeed transferring. . Proven Qb and it would give all the other guys a yr to grow and learn..

Over signing a position in a class while it looks good to the fans on NSD, usually does not look so good a year or so down the line....

...The more you see kids leaving after just 1 year, the further that team will fall behind. You can't keep investing time in signees just to watch them leave a year later. Yeah, the fans like to see spots open up so they see more commitments, but you'll never get ahead over signing positions and watching them leave a year later.

JMO

So you are saying that signing three and losing two to injury or transfer leaves you in a worse situation than signing one? I don't follow. Did it hurt us when we signed Brandon Stewart with Peyton Manning?

I hear what you're saying but I'm willing (armchair QB) to take that chance to get a promising 4-star dual-threat QB that will help shape this program...now.

GO VOLS!

So you are saying that signing three and losing two to injury or transfer leaves you in a worse situation than signing one? I don't follow. Did it hurt us when we signed Brandon Stewart with Peyton Manning?

I have no issue signing the 2 EE's who are committed. Signing the 3rd QB to one class is IMO the problem. Would I trade the 2 committed guys for Jones? No. If being greedy costs UT QD & JJ, I'll just have to laugh and shake my head.

VN Store

Back