I have concerns about how we close.

DD4ME

Zoo Keeper
We have basically a full class already with verbals but we keep recruiting and talking to new players. Some of whom are really good. I am worried about negative recruiting against us with us doing this.

Do not be worried. I'd rather be in this position rather than half a class verbally committed and trying to find other shrubs to fill a class. We gonna be alright come signing day.

Reactions: 2 people
So you say Butch and company keeps recruitng and top elite athletes are very interested in committing this late in the process. Sounds like a great problem to have when you're 6-6 and rebuilding :dunno:

Reactions: 4 people
Saban wasn't Saban once upon a time.

No doubt. For that matter bama wasn't always the Bama they are now. People forget they fumbled through a decade of mediocrity and went through a handful of coaches. When they got saban, he wasn't their first choice. It was rich rod. And he turned bama down in favor of Michigan.

Do not be worried. I'd rather be in this position rather than half a class verbally committed and trying to find other shrubs to fill a class. We gonna be alright come signing day.

Bones, I KNOW the OL was bad this year, decimated by injuries and such. But I still think we do better recruiting OT/OG's to fill out the class rather than shrubs such as boxwood and azalia bushes to fill out our crutin class. Even some 1* doofus scrubs might be an upgrade over shrubs.

Just messing with you. I laughed when I saw shrubs and new autocorrect had struck again.

We have basically a full class already with verbals but we keep recruiting and talking to new players. Some of whom are really good. I am worried about negative recruiting against us with us doing this.

If we just try to keep our current list of commitments, then we will be in bad shape come signing day. Cherry is gone but was committed for many, many months.
The 5* receiver is looking around at UGA and other places. May not be able to keep him either.
Keep recruiting and don't stop until the ink has dried on NSD.

Reactions: 1 person
Bones, I KNOW the OL was bad this year, decimated by injuries and such. But I still think we do better recruiting OT/OG's to fill out the class rather than shrubs such as boxwood and azalia bushes to fill out our crutin class. Even some 1* doofus scrubs might be an upgrade over shrubs.

Just messing with you. I laughed when I saw shrubs and new autocorrect had struck again.

I'm not so sure that 4 boxwoods or yaupon hollies couldn't have opened some better running lanes than we had this last year. :)
Joking aside, I would rather see us taking another decent o-lineman over another qb in that spot but I'll let the coaches make those tough decisions.

There isn't going to be anymore negative recruiting than there was last year and we finished with a top 5 class.

VN Store

Back