UAB transfers

IamMikeHamilton

With UAB's program shut down, does anyone know the NCAA rule on the players' ability to transfer and eligibility status?

I don't know much about their team, but I'd imagine there are players that will be coveted by other programs. I'd like to think that CBJ and crew will take a look. I'm sure there are some guys that could come in and make an impact, or at least provide more depth at needed positions for 2015 and beyond.

They can transfer without sitting out a year.

Not sure who we'd pick up, though.

I believe they were bowl eligible this year. How many returning OL do they have?

Reactions: 7 people
Their RB is really good. 1600 yards as a Soph this year. Was 2nd in the nation among freshmen last year.. 6'1# 228 lbs.

Reactions: 3 people
I said it in the other thread, but Butch needs to take a bus down and lure the the O-Line to Knoxville with promises of Gatlinburg trips and Pecan Logs....(just like Monte Kiffin used to do)

#olineU

Reactions: 2 people
They finished 6-6!

:thud:

Tennesseeduke

What does that mean? We have had a few guys drafted high the last few yrs and had 5 wins each yr. Guarantee they would have a few guys that could play in the SEC..biggest issue would be if they had the grades to get in.

Reactions: 3 people
UAB's players can transfer and play immediately, without sitting out a year.

I posted their offensive tackles in another thread, but here it is again. All were 2-stars, except Kennedy and Novick (both unrated).

Daniel Anousheh, 6'4 270, JR
Cameron Blankenship, 6'5 292, JR
Christopher Hudson, 6'5 280, FR
Hunter Kennedy, 6'3 285 FR
Ryan Krum, 6'5 325 JR
Bryant Novick 6'5 315 RS FR
Victor Salako 6'6 315 RS SO

Salako, their starting left tackle, generated enough intrigue that he already has his own thread in the recruiting forum.

Their RB is really good. 1600 yards as a Soph this year. Was 2nd in the nation among freshmen last year.. 6'1# 228 lbs.

Sure, can't have enough good tailbacks. Would give us 6 usable tailbacks (Hurd, Kamara, Scott, Sommerhill, Pickett Abernathy, UAB's Jordan Howard).

What class would they "count against"? Would it depend upon when they started college i.e. a true freshman would count against 2014, a sophomore against 2013, etc.?

What class would they "count against"? Would it depend upon when they started college i.e. a true freshman would count against 2014, a sophomore against 2013, etc.?

Transfers don't count against the incoming class, just against the 85 man roster limit.

UAB's players can transfer and play immediately, without sitting out a year.

I posted their offensive tackles in another thread, but here it is again. All were 2-stars, except Kennedy and Novick (both unrated).

Daniel Anousheh, 6'4 270, JR
Cameron Blankenship, 6'5 292, JR
Christopher Hudson, 6'5 280, FR
Hunter Kennedy, 6'3 285 FR
Ryan Krum, 6'5 325 JR
Bryant Novick 6'5 315 RS FR
Victor Salako 6'6 315 RS SO

Salako, their starting left tackle, generated enough intrigue that he already has his own thread in the recruiting forum.

At this point idc if they were unrated or not coming out of high school. I'd be willing to bet they'd be better options at tackles then most of the guys we have now on the roster...

Waiting for the "can we get their offensive staff on board to replace a few of ours?" comments...

I said it in the other thread, but Butch needs to take a bus down and lure the the O-Line to Knoxville with promises of Gatlinburg trips and Pecan Logs....(just like Monte Kiffin used to do)

#olineU

Leave the pecan logs at Stuckey's. Take them to the Weigel's in Karns for some eggnog and a Claxton.

Claxton-Fruit-Cake-1lb.jpg

VN Store

Back