Who is your pick for favorite EE this year?

skasper06

With the addition of Jauan Jennings, we now have 8 kids coming in early to get to work for on Rocky Top...(ratings from 247) Which players do you think will come in and make an early impact? I will say Kamara first and foremost. Also, I wouldn't be surprised in Jennings and Dormady make Dobbs work for his job. I doubt they take his job, but they will look good in spring game.

Jauan Kennings 4* QB
Shy Tuttle 5* DT
Alvin Kamara 4* JUCO RB
Jack Jones 4* OL
Andrew Butcher 4* DL
Quinten Dormady 4* QB
Chance Hall 3* OL
Stephen Griffin 3* DB

Kamara, Tuttle, Jones and Butcher. The others will redshirt IMO. Hall is coming off of an ACL tear. Griffin wont be able to pass TK, Randolph, McNeil, Swafford and gang. I dont think Butch would burn the QBs redshirts for mop up duty, assuming that Peterman stays

Reactions: 2 people
I am interested in Butcher, whether his game can transition to college. His film reminds me of JC Copelands in many ways.

Kamara, Tuttle, and the OL are the most important, IMO. I'll pick Kamara for biggest impact.

Reactions: 1 person
With the addition of Jauan Jennings, we now have 8 kids coming in early to get to work for on Rocky Top...(ratings from 247) Which players do you think will come in and make an early impact? I will say Kamara first and foremost. Also, I wouldn't be surprised in Jennings and Dormady make Dobbs work for his job. I doubt they take his job, but they will look good in spring game.

Jauan Kennings 4* QB
Shy Tuttle 5* DT
Alvin Kamara 4* JUCO RB
Jack Jones 4* OL
Andrew Butcher 4* DL
Quinten Dormady 4* QB
Chance Hall 3* OL
Stephen Griffin 3* DB

What about McKenzie 5* DT

Maybe Hugh Freeze will go to Florida. Then Drew Richmond come on to Knoxville son. 5* OL

Kamara is the most important IMO to year 1 contributions.

We will need guys like Jones, Butcher, Tuttle to compete to start as well (Tuttle will assuredly play a lot whether he starts or not though and Butcher may as well).

Jennings and Dormady are great to get early, but hopefully Astro runs away with the starting job next year.

Hall will RS unless he is healthy and breaks out.

Griffin very well may flip. If not he RSes or plays ST as a backup LB.

Short answer- Alvin Kamara

I still think either 2 of these qb's coming in has a shot at starting. Dobbs has some legs but his arm is mediocre at best. I'd say there is going to be a much stiffer qb competition this spring than most think.

I still think we got a shot at him. If Freeze does take the Florida I believe Richmond will stay in Tennessee and wear the big Orange, :dance2:

I'll have to see it to believe it. Sadly I don't see the kid wearing orange. I would love to have him though. We need olinemen badddd!

Kamara, Tuttle, Jones and Butcher. The others will redshirt IMO. Hall is coming off of an ACL tear. Griffin wont be able to pass TK, Randolph, McNeil, Swafford and gang. I dont think Butch would burn the QBs redshirts for mop up duty, assuming that Peterman stays

I hear that both QBs may be EEs. If so, Neither of them are likely to rd shirt with only 2 scholarship QBs on the team.

I hear that both QBs may be EEs. If so, Neither of them are likely to rd shirt with only 2 scholarship QBs on the team.

I honestly Can see Peterman transferring after this year. Kid just doesn't have it and I know he wants playing time. And he is going to be pushed farther back next year.

Are you confusing red shirt with something else? Youre basically saying that we will play all 4 QBs

NO. iI understand red shirting. Peterman is not likely to play and we will not inter a season with only one scholar QB on the team. Apparently, you re willing to risk one qb playing every down of every game and not getting hurt or need a rest. In addition, we have a 2016 QB committed who may better than all the QBs we will have in 2016.. So why not play one or both of the incoming freshmen?

Yes i understand red shirting. Peterman is not likely to play and we will not inter a season with only one scholar QB on the team. Apparently, you re willing to risk one qb playing every down of every game and not getting hurt or need a rest. In addition, we have a 2016 QB committed who may better than all the QBs we will have in 2016.. So why not play one or both of the incoming freshmen?

If Peterman stays, which he likely will, then he will be used for mop up duty.

Dobbs starts and Peterman in garbage time. If you play Jennings or Dormady, they lose an entire year of eligibility just so they can hand off the ball.

Dooley burned Worley's redshirt to take a garbage time snap, or else he would be here next year too.

You can see that Butch wanted to redshirt Dobbs this year. An extra year in the system is great.

When a QB goes in for garbage time, all they do is hand off the ball. Why waste a full year of eligibility for that?

Peterman is not even a backup in this league , we need someone behind Dobbs that would give us a chance to win.

VN Store

Back