FBS Recruiting Calendar

RockyTop1384

With silly season on our doorstep now, I thought it might be useful to briefly post the FBS recruiting calendar for reference, which dictates the contact coaches and recruiters can have w/ prospective student athletes.

The Quiet / Evaluation Period is almost over and goes through 11/29. Through 11/29, coaches' off-campus contact with recruits is limited to certain evaluation-based activities as well as phone and writing.

The season really kicks off with the contact period on 11/30 and runs through 1/31 (w/ 2 exceptions). During this period, coaches are allowed a max of 6 in-person, off-campus contacts per prospect (no more than one a week). The two exceptions are:

1) 12/14 is considered a quiet period for JUCO
mid-term enrollees.

2) 12/15 - 1/14 is a dead period. No face-to-face
contact allowed (including on-campus).

2/1 is a quiet period. 2/2 - 2/5 is a dead period, with 2/4 being national signing day.

Let the silliness begin! :)

Reactions: 1 person
I am just glad we have 2 stud DT's that look and play the part of being dominate SEC caliber defensive lineman....to go with our already athletic DT's we have.

Great posts here about our potential prospects for NSD. I'd like to add:

I'm excited as all get out to get the RS's on the field next year. Let's all not forget there's a lot of talent on this team who've bellied (or 6-packed, depending on the player) up to the feed trough and hit the weight room for almost a year now but have never seen the field.

Talent upgrades across the board (I speak of depth, not individuals, per se) next year regardless of the 2015 signing class.

Go Vols! That is all.

AV

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back