'15 MI ATH John Kelly (UT Signee 2/4/15)

Ron Swanson

Offense Wins Championships.
JOHN-KELLY-140502-PRO.JPG

Athlete
Oak Park, Michigan
Oak Park
View Map
Ht:5'10"
Wt:191 lbs
40:4.52 secs
Vertical:37 inches
Class:2015 (High School)

John Kelly - Yahoo! Sports

John Kelly

John Kelly Jr - Hudl

Oak Park, Mich., three-star ATH John Kelly reports a new offer from Tennessee this morning. The interesting thing here is Kelly is very close with four-star RB Mike Weber, who just de-committed from Michigan this past weekend. The coaches at Detroit Cass Tech told me earlier this week Tennessee has been in contact about Weber this week so it sounds like things may be heating up with a pair of Detroit area 2015 recruits.

-Josh Helmholdt, Rivals

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks for info. :good!:
We're already on a couple other backs, but we'll see.
I'd probably have to go with Dust 10. Sparty hard to beat. We definitely need another great back to go with Hurd and Kamara. In this day you need a stable of good backs in the SEC.

GO VOLS!

One day after Iowa extended an offer to Oak Park senior John Kelly, Tennessee became the first SEC offer and the eighth overall the 5-foot-9, 195-pound Kelly.

Recruited by some schools as a defensive back, the Volunteers, according to a source close to Kelly, offered as a running back.

Kelly will take an official visit to Tennessee along with Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State and Minnesota before making a decision. He has indicated that a decision may not come until closer to Signing Day.
Scout

gaining a commitment from a Cass player to get a foot in the door. They are always putting out great players

Last year was a great signing day without a doubt, but this year it may turn out to be a little more exciting.

Reactions: 2 people
Everyone should do themselves a favor and watch this kids film. I would love to add him to this class as he is one helluva football player. Could play multiple positions but love what he could bring at the running back position and as a return man. Speed kills.

I like this guy and Bussey both better than Bryce Love. I think Love is better suited as a slot than a true RB.

Reactions: 2 people
You can never discount the appeal to play in the SEC for some of these prospects. Kids know the SEC is an NFL factory. This could be the exact offer he & Weber were looking for. Rarely do package deals work out but this would be a welcomed exception. Does anyone know Kelly & Weber's relation? Friends?

You can never discount the appeal to play in the SEC for some of these prospects. Kids know the SEC is an NFL factory. This could be the exact offer he & Weber were looking for. Rarely do package deals work out but this would be a welcomed exception. Does anyone know Kelly & Weber's relation? Friends?

TOS described them as "like brothers"

TOS described them as "like brothers"

So, with this said, is Kelly a slot WR, RB, LB, or a DB? We could certainly use more depth at nickel CB. We already have Bruce/Perry who are both capable of playing slot WR effictively. However, if he is a DB, this signing would pretty much eliminate the possibility of Ugo coming here. I wonder if that would affect Phillips decision any?

Last edited:
With Hurd, Kamara, and Abernathy IV RB has some depth. Would rather take a guy like Love and have him and Reid come in to grow some. (personally I think Reid is an underrated prospect, the dude just gets it done)

VN Store

Back