prdnfhlgmvxhvmpfcqkm

Wide Receiver
Brentwood, Tennessee
Brentwood Academy
View Map
Ht:6'0"
Wt:176 lbs
Class:2018 (High School)

https://rivals.yahoo.com/tennessee/...nson-166969;_ylt=AuF4WALFIie10jjPXn.O3q.qt5B4

Camron Johnson, Brentwood Academy, Wide Receiver

Camron Johnson - Hudl

Vols offered.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Now the 6-foot, 185-pound athlete has emerged as one of the state's top freshman football prospects while starring as a varsity receiver for the Brentwood Academy Eagles.

Johnson has caught 25 passes for 587 yards and nine touchdowns to lead a Eagles squad that began the year with modest expectations following the loss of several seniors, the transfer of four-star prospect C.J. Sanders to California and injuries of seniors Dawson Knox and Jordan James, to a surprising 8-1 record and a Top 30 national ranking.

Already considered a Top 50 national player in the 2018 class by several early college basketball recruiting networks, Johnson knows the question of which sport does he plan to play in college will be there. He says he'd like to play both if possible at the next level, but recognizes that he's still very young in the process and will have to weight those options when they come.

Johnson's success on the gridiron may be a surprise to some on the high school scene, but just like with basketball, the young phenom was also successful in football as he and fellow Eagles freshman Daniel Taylor played in the Eastbay Youth All-American Bowl in San Antonio back in January. Johnson also played for Team Tennessee in the Football University-East Bay Tournament.

-Rivals

Reactions: 2 people
great to see the early offers going out. It means a lot to these kids when the home school is the first to offer. Will pay dividends in the future.

Cam is a stud WR and one of the best Freshman basketball players in the country. Tremendous athlete AND student. Also a great kid. I've had in my home and he is great friends with my daughter who is also a Freshman at BA. Would be a great asset to UT.

Reactions: 2 people
Cam is a stud WR and one of the best Freshman basketball players in the country. Tremendous athlete AND student. Also a great kid. I've had in my home and he is great friends with my daughter who is also a Freshman at BA. Would be a great asset to UT.

You are hereby unofficially in charge of his recruitment. Do work... :good!:

If he wants to play both sports let's hope the Tyndall garbage is taking out and we have a new coach set in stone by then cuz he gone

Twist: Camron is dating BOT's daughter but he doesn't know it yet.

"I was talking to coach (Zach Azzanni) and he was telling me how much he liked me and that I needed to keep working and stuff but that they wanted to offer me a scholarship. It was pretty cool," Johnson said. "I was completely surprised. I wasn't expecting that.

He just told me that I needed to keep coming up to Tennessee and that I needed to come up to a couple of camps this summer so that I can build a relationship with him. He just said that I need to continue to get better the next couple of seasons and he likes my game so far.

Johnson visited Tennessee three times during the season and has come away impressed with Tennessee, especially the fight song.

"I really like the stadium atmosphere and the campus atmosphere once you get up there. I like how there are fans everywhere that are cooking out and playing the fight song. I actually like the fight song a lot. I just like the atmosphere of the stadium and the campus together."

Although he's a Kentucky native, Johnson said it was a big deal for his first offer to come from the Vols.

"It means a lot. It's good to know that if in the future I wanted to stay close to home then I could and that the main school in our state would offer me means a lot," Johnson said.
-VQ.

A top-50 freshman basketball player originally from Kentucky. I wonder if UK becomes a factor on the basketball side of things. Obviously early, but worth considering if he ultimately chooses basketball as his primary sport.

Top performer – Though he’s only a freshman, Camron Johnson was the most advanced prospect in attendance in terms of his route-running and his hands. As the youngest prospect there, others may have shown more overall athleticism right now but Johnson would be my first pick from the event if I’m building a team. He already holds an offer from Tennessee.

-Barton Simmons 247

"Coaches were coming by our school last month but Tennessee and Ole Miss are the most aggressive right now," he said. "Coach Thigpen and I from Tennessee probably talk to the most."

"They are telling me I would fit great into what they do (at Wide Receiver)," Johnson said. "They keep telling me that I'm high on their list for my class."

"I was really surprised," Johnson said of the early offers. "I didn't even expect it. Coming into this year I was just hoping to get some playing time on varsity because I was a freshman so for me to get offers by the end of my freshman year was really surprising to me."

"I was supposed to visit Ole Miss recently but I missed it because of basketball," he said. "I want to get there and see them soon and I want to visit Tennessee as well."

Rivals, 2/24

“(Junior day) was just mainly coming in and seeing what they are about and what their gear is like and seeing the locker room,” Johnson explained, “but mainly seeing what the coaches were about and what they are like on a personal level and not just on a game day.”

“I talked to coach (Zach) Azzanni a lot and he was just telling me that we’ve got to continue to build a relationship. They talked to me about instate talent staying here and things like that.”

“Ryan’s been talking to me about it since I just got the offer,” Johnson said. "Then, Brian Garvey, who just committed as a walk-on, is one of my close friends and ever since he committed he’s been trying to get me to commit each day so they’ve been on me.”

Rivals

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back