Recruiting Forum: UNofficial Vandy Pre-Game Thread

nicksjuzunk

Coming home soon.
Tennessee struggled last week against the intense Mizzou defense, but they return to the friendly confines of Neyland Stadium West... also known as Vandy's home field.

This preview will be brief... like the appearance of Vandy's offense this year.

1. Gone with the Franklin: Many remember the days when Vandy was the last game on our schedule, and we could count on a 40-50 point win. The 90's were great. Then, they began to challenge a occasionally. Eventually, they stole one in Fulmer's twilight years. No one needs to be reminded what transpired during the Dooley era, and last year. Times change... quickly, and whatever swag Vandy was packing with James Franklin blew out like a fart in the wind as he pulled up anchor.

2. Offensive Offense: Vandy's offense is so bad, it's pretty impressive. They have managed to put together wins over traditional powerhouses UMASS, Charlton Southern, and Old Dominion. The UMASS and Char Sou games were won by an impressive total margin of 4 points. Some fun stats:

122 out of 124 in yards gained
121 / 124 in scoring
117 / 124 rushing
108 / 124 passing

Vandy should pay their fans to watch this product.

3. Leaky defense: Vandy has had a solid defense the last few years, but things are back to the way we like them. Hurd is licking his chops at the thought of the Vandy D giving up 185 yards per game, and we should see Dobbs get back on track.

They give up a fairly respectable 229 through the air, but this is going to be a pissed off and motivated Tennessee team. Their defense is going to be hurting by the end of the night.

4. 3rd down clowns: Vandy converts 30% of their 3rd down opportunities. That's not going to win this game.

5. Bowl them over: There can be nothing more humiliating than having a home game... and seeing the visiting fans literally out number your own fans. That is, unless the visiting fans are actually able to checker the stadium. Although it is unlikely that that will happen, you can count on the crowd being orange, and Tennessee will be able to take out some frustrations and exact a little revenge on the Commodores.

Tennessee wins big. Vandy is Vandy of old. Hurd goes wild. We become bowl eligible. Nothing but fun for Vol fans.

TN 56
Vandy 14

Reactions: 12 people
Can't believe we've lost two in a row to these punks.

Oh well, that's days are long gone. Back to having a season ending bowl tune up :)

Give all the carries to Hurd. Let him break the NCAA rushing yards record for a 3rd consecutive week.

Reactions: 11 people
56-3

And then the 2nd and 3rd string play the entire 4th quarter.

Ron Swanson and some others were calling the MO game Vols 77-0 and that was pretty funny. But unfortunately wrong game. Now it's the right game. Vols 100-0. I want the Defense to shut them out and the stadium checkerboarded. Barnett with 5 sacks.

I hope its a blowout, and on paper at least it probably should be. Not sure how much fight they have at this point, and our guys should be highly motivated. There is a lot being said in Nashville about this stupid "Checker Vandy" thing and this one game making up for their awful season so they could be motivated as well. In the end, I don't think its close, UT wins big and "We bowling baby!"

52-6 IMO

Dobbs and starters only play 3 qtrs.

Evan Berry takes opening KO to the house to start the romp quick.

I was also thinking this might be the game that Evan takes one to the house. He will only have 1 chance, so he had better make the most of it.

Butch will prob run up the score in this one IMO....didn't mason have a black n gold upside down t around mocking the power t???

Butch will prob run up the score in this one IMO....didn't mason have a black n gold upside down t around mocking the power t???

Don't know about that but I happened to turn the tv to the channel where he was having his coaches show last night and he said that they were preparing for that team to the east.
I think we should beat them soundly but Vandy has been known to give us tough games when they shouldn't be tough. So it wouldn't shock me if this is close. I hope not, but not counting my chickens because I thought we would beat Missouri soundly too.

VN Store

Back