Clinton, Mississippi
Clinton
Ht:5'10"
Wt:205 lbs

Cam Akers
Cam Akers - Yahoo! Sports
Cam Akers - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN
Cam Akers - Hudl

None of the sites show a UT offer yet. Has offers from Miss St and Ole Miss.

Someone CB'd him to UT today.

Don't know much about this kid but the article says he plays quarterback but is being recruited as a running back.

CFUPl27UkAA6i4d.jpg

This summer Akers plans to attend camps at Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi State, and Florida State, and he also hopes to visit Tennessee, Clemson, Georgia Tech, and Ole Miss.

Ole Miss, Mississippi State, and Tennessee have been recruiting him the hardest, but Akers is not ready to name any favorites.

"I'll probably narrow my list at the end of football season next year," Akers said. "I have a long time. I have two more years, so it's going to be a long two years."

https://www.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=880&CID=1767225

Reactions: 1 person
247 sports VIP access only but I would love for a 247 subscriber to copy and paste article

“it was great. I came out with my coach and a couple of my teammates, and we competed at the camp and we just had a good time," said akers, who's ranked by 247sports as the nation’s no. 62 overall prospect and no. 6 running back in the 2017 class.

“i was here for the missouri game (last year). It was different without the big crowd and things like that. But i still loved it — the facilities, the coaches and everything else about it.”

“this definitely is a place that i will continue to come back and check out. They’re definitely up there,” said akers, who claims scholarship offers from tennessee, alabama, michigan, ole miss, mississippi state, georgia tech and vanderbilt, among others.

“maybe after this football season, i’ll make a commitment,” he said. “i’ve got a few favorites in my mind.”

Reactions: 7 people
"I wasn't planning on camping but I did. I saw all the other people compete and I felt like I could do better," Akers said.

"It was fun. He's a great coach that's got a lot of energy," Akers said of Gillespie. "He likes things done the right way and his way. It was fun to be able to get coached by him and learn his style of coaching. I could see myself playing under a guy like him a lot."

"I liked the facilities, the athletic program, the coaches - I got along with the coaches well. And just the school in general, it's a great school," Akers said. "Tennessee is pretty high up there right now. I love Tennessee and I like what they bring to the table and they're a team on the rise."

VQ

Reactions: 3 people
The top-100 junior running back from Clinton (Miss.) High School said he’s scheduled to visit Tennessee on Saturday for its home game against Georgia, and he’s looking forward to returning there for the third time in less than a year and giving his mother her first look at the Vols.

“Tennessee is definitely a place that’s still floating around. Of course, I am a commit to Alabama, but I do like Tennessee a lot,” said Akers, who’s ranked the nation’s No. 53 overall prospect and No. 5 running back in the 247Sports Composite for the 2017 class.

"My mom has never been, so she wanted to get up and see what it was like. We’re going to go up there and check it out. They have great facilities, great coaches,” Akers said. "Me and Coach G (running backs coach Robert Gillespie) have a really strong relationship, and he has a strong relationship with my parents, also. I’m just looking forward to watching a good game, having a good time and just them showing me a good time — me and my parents."

“Even with me being committed, they’re still recruiting me hard. (Gillespie) asked me if I wanted them to continue recruiting me, and I told him, ‘Yeah.’ And he has been, and we have developed a great relationship throughout this process.”

“I definitely like Tennessee a lot — a whole lot,” he said. “I mean, the facilities, they’re phenomenal. The coaches are, also. When I went, I felt at home there. The coaches made me feel at home — all of the coaches. I met all of them, and they really made me feel at home. And they make you want to do something positive.”

“Of course, I’m committed to ‘Bama, but I’m keeping an open mind,” Akers said. “Teams will still recruit me, and I’ll still pay attention to other teams. It’s not just officially closed out. Teams are still recruiting me, and I’ll listen, I guess. I’ll still listen and see what other schools have to offer.”

Spoke very highly of CRG in the article.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back