Does rape investigation effect recruiting?

SmokeyFTW

Hard Work Beats Talent...
I know this is a sensitive subject, but I'm just curious to get others thoughts.

Do y'all think this will makes recruits look elsewhere now?

If you're a parent would you want your kid going to a school that's has this hanging over the schools head?

Being a parent myself of two daughters and a son. I wouldn't be truthful, if I said it wouldn't make me second guess the school or want to look elsewhere. I think CBJ will handle this the right way, but I think it's a scar that's going to be hard to over look.

Reactions: 1 person
I know this is a sensitive subject, but I'm just curious to get others thoughts.

If you're a parent would you want your kid going to a school that's has this hanging over the schools head?

Being a parent myself of two daughters and a son. I wouldn't be truthful, if I said it wouldn't make me second guess the school or want to look elsewhere. I think CBJ will handle this the right way, but I think it's a scar that's going to be hard to over look.

Happens everywhere...I'm sure the word's leaked out already...how the school handles it should be the tiebreaker.

Sad enough every college has prolly had a rape case or some type of assault or robbery. If they are gone just opens up 2 more schollys.

:hi: Sorry my post read differently than what I intended.

Last edited:
247 has FSU currently ranked 2 for the 2015 season. My guess is - it has no affect as along as there is no cover up or sense of compensating culture. And one could argue Fisher at FSU does not seem to have discipline as a core competency.

I would not worry about how this effects recruiting in any way...

How this is HANDLED will affect recruiting. This is where Butch earns his money. If it turns out they are guilty and he suspends them (which seems to be the case right now), then program is perceived as above the board program. But man, if he suspends them from playing and allegations are proved to be false, is he perceived as a coach that will throw players under bus ?

I think Butch is the right person to handle this correctly and is looking out for players, BUT also building a top notch program.....did I say he was earning his money this week ?

send them to Carson Newman, Martin Methodist, or Liberty

Dude who just raped and killed girl in VA was enrolled at Liberty. The Predators are everywhere. Not insinuating anyone is guilty here , but there is nowhere to hide from these incidents. The best thing to do is to teach your children not to put themselves into these situations, and how to protect themselves if they do find themselves in it. 2nd Amendment rights serve to protect.

Does it bother Florida State?

definitely doesn't help that the accused is one of the most recognized players in the sec, if not, the nation. You can expect every sports media outlet to blow it up for the rest of the season. The key here is handling everything with extreme caution but show no favoritism. As good for the university as AJ has been he's not bigger than the tradition we have here. Butch is doing the right thing, we just have to let it run its course. I would like to think this Univeristy will do the right thing and we will continue with or without these guys.

Then your kids wont go to a state college.

Chances are my kids won't be heavily recruited from multiple D1 schools. Your smart ass comment and attempt at fishing for likes was noticed. You clearly are a simpleton. Let me make it a little clearer for you. These recruits have multiple scholarships, and will choose one school to attend, and I'm positive that during that process there parents will have some input. So if it comes down to two schools, one under investigations, and one not. They might decide to go to the latter one.

I just heard that one girl was from Florida and refused to press charges, she went back to Florida. Just wondering if somebody got pissed and a bit tooted and called the law...Just saying.

VN Store

Back