2016 FL DE Patrick Bethel

Father went to Miami and I'm sure they have the inside track, but maybe this is one of those top100 surprises the staff has in store for us...From ESPN.

“I’ve been in constant contact with coaches from Notre Dame, Miami, Florida, Florida State, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Virginia Tech and FAU. For the most part, it’s been pretty decent contact with coaches from those schools.”

“LSU, one of the first things we did was look at education. That is the key for me," Bethel said. "I’m not a dummy. I know this football thing isn’t going 30 years like it has for Peyton Manning and Brett Favre. You’ve got to get what you can out of it, which is letting my education carry me. Then I want to be in a family environment with genuine coaches, a place I can see myself at. You know when you are at the right place.”

If he is, then I don't want to play basketball with him.:ermm:

So I just looked this up. I don't know how i missed it the first time. He broke a girl's jaw by punching her during a pickup game, it was caught on camera, and dude is still on team?

What in the actual ****?

So I just looked this up. I don't know how i missed it the first time. He broke a girl's jaw by punching her during a pickup game, it was caught on camera, and dude is still on team?

What in the actual ****?

Have you seen the video? She sucker punched him in the face and he immediately popped her on the chin. It wasn't an unprovoked act of violence on a defenceless woman. They both apologized and he was cleared by a grand jury before he was reinstated, still having to serve a 3 game suspension. You want the dude's life possibly ruined because he defended himself in the heat of the moment? I think the punishment was appropriate, personally.

Reactions: 3 people
Have you seen the video? She sucker punched him in the face and he immediately popped her on the chin. It wasn't an unprovoked act of violence on a defenceless woman. They both apologized and he was cleared by a grand jury before he was reinstated, still having to serve a 3 game suspension. You want the dude's life possibly ruined because he defended himself in the heat of the moment? I think the punishment was appropriate, personally.

I did see the video. Looked to me like she pushed him, not sucker punched. The articles said she shoved him. And he punched her. In the face. Hard enough to break her jaw. Maybe I'm just different than others, but you can't hit women. You just don't do it.

Reactions: 5 people
I did see the video. Looked to me like she pushed him, not sucker punched. The articles said she shoved him. And he punched her. In the face. Hard enough to break her jaw. Maybe I'm just different than others, but you can't hit women. You just don't do it.

I haven't watched the video but I tend to have a lot more understanding if the guy is hit first. If some girl is talking crap to you and you punch her then yeah you are a POS. Getting hit in the face hurts though. If you happen to swing back in rage after getting hit well I don't approve but I can at least understand.

Reactions: 1 person
Unless you're life is threatened, it's never acceptable to hit a woman. Reevaluate some things if you believe otherwise

Reactions: 5 people
MBlS7Wr.gif

Reactions: 2 people
Unless you're life is threatened, it's never acceptable to hit a woman. Reevaluate some things if you believe otherwise

No doubt! Never acceptable and if a relationship with a woman is so bad that punches need to be thrown by either gender?!?

Should speak for itself..

Look you're right and I agree with you for 99% of cases. I'm just saying that the world itself isn't black and white so I'm willing to at least listen to the other side of a story before I completely write off a kid for something they do at what 16 or 17, not that its really my or anyone else on this boards place to be judging a kid when we have no connection to the situation.

And this is 100 off topic now so I'll leave it alone.

“That’s probably what I get the most: ‘You’re going to Miami,’” Bethel said. “I don’t want to say it’s frustrating or anything, but to think that somebody else is going to create my path just because of what my father did, it’s false. If I choose Miami, it’s based on something I like, based on something I want to do, because my dad can’t do anything for me in college. He’s not playing football, so why do I care that he went to Miami? Why do I care about what he did before me? It’s me, not him.”

“Miami, like I said, it’s a great school. But people that are thinking Miami ‘because he was raised by a Miami guy, or because his dad’s pushing him’ — my dad’s not pushing me to do anything. Let’s get that out of the way. He said he’ll put on whatever color I put on.”

“I’ve been in contact with (Tennessee defensive line) coach (Steve) Stripling for quite some time,” Bethel said. “I think he’s a great guy, a great coach. I think they’ve got a good program going, too. I want to get a chance to further investigate them so I can help make this decision.”

Bethel also said that he is trying to visit LSU and Auburn in addition to UT before making a decision.

It's one kid's opinion...although I think it is the right approach because ultimately it should come down to the kid's happiness.

Totally agree, but after the freak out of Guarantano bolting after the Hunter Johnson commitment I could see those comments worrying some. I think Warrior, like others have said, is taking the Dillon Bates approach in his recruitment.

Per Hubbs

Steve Stripling is scheduled to see 2016 defensive end Patrick Bethel as the Vols try and land an official visit from the Vero Beach, Fla., prospect. Bethel stays in touch with the Vols and has let them know he'd like to visit. He's a Miami legacy, though, and most expect him to be a 'Cane.

Per Hubbs

Tennessee is scheduled to host several visitors during the South Carolina weekend and that includes Florida defensive lineman Pat Bethel. The Miami legacy has told us that he's very interested in the Vols and continues to build a relationship with John Jancek and Steve Stripling.

Out of his top 10 teams, Bethel has picked 3 official visits. He will spend the next 2 weeks at Auburn and Tennessee. LSU will get a visit in November and he will choose between Florida State, Miami, and Alabama for the the final 2 visits. He seems open to all of his top ten. Just seems to want to find a place he feels like home.

GoVols247

This kid would be a great pick up. "Feels like home"... Famous last words before they commit to Butch Jones. :)

Out of his top 10 teams, Bethel has picked 3 official visits. He will spend the next 2 weeks at Auburn and Tennessee. LSU will get a visit in November and he will choose between Florida State, Miami, and Alabama for the the final 2 visits. He seems open to all of his top ten. Just seems to want to find a place he feels like home.

GoVols247

Unless Miami makes a really good hire quickly it wont be them. Imo And if true, there has to be a small part of him happy he won't be playing in front of 2k uninterested fans.

Hope we land him.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back