'18 TN QB/WR Alontae Taylor (UT commit 6/18/16)

Great athlete.

Can he throw the ball? All I saw on his highlight video was runs. I only watched 3 minutes of it.

Dudes got some wheels

Appears to have a decent arm, too. He does throw quite a few passes on the video if you watch long enough. Impressive arm strength for a freshman.

Also, I was wondering, as he's a freshman, if the video shows him vs varsity or freshman competition. I watched long enough to answer my own question. Some of the clips show him playing against Rhea County's varsity. I recognize some of the names and numbers as seniors on their team. Now, Rhea crushed them in their first game of the year 42-6, but Rhea is 10-0 and the kid would have been little more than an 8th grader that early in the season.

AV

Reactions: 2 people
I'm sold. I think we have found our 2018 QB. Anyone know his feelings towards the home team?

At the least he looks like he can be a stud ATH down the line. I wonder if as a freshman is it a little tough to project because you don't know if he will stop developing.

Reactions: 1 person
Freshman
Coffee County Central High School
Manchester, TN

This kid is an in-state Freshman that apparently is making a lot of noise. Good film for a frosh. Wonder if Butch knows about him?

COFFEE COUNTY (TN) - Alontae Taylor highlights

Kid is fast. Watched him blow by my old H.S. a few times(took me a few times before I had that oh sh*t moment thats my team).

Appears to have a decent arm, too. He does throw quite a few passes on the video if you watch long enough. Impressive arm strength for a freshman.

Also, I was wondering, as he's a freshman, if the video shows him vs varsity or freshman competition. I watched long enough to answer my own question. Some of the clips show him playing against Rhea County's varsity. I recognize some of the names and numbers as seniors on their team. Now, Rhea crushed them in their first game of the year 42-6, but Rhea is 10-0 and the kid would have been little more than an 8th grader that early in the season.

AV

He's a freshman playing varsity, I'm not sure if he played much against rhea co

I saw all but 2 of his games this year. No doubt he is a good athlete. Quick and fast. Made a big difference on a team that didn't win a game last year. Seems to have good velocity on passes but needs work on accuracy. Also, of course, needs to put on muscle. First year coach at Coffee Co., Sukowski, was successful at previous job in Florida and appears to have the team on the way to improvement. Coffee Co. Moves to 6A next year though and I hope Taylor doesn't get killed.

He's a good kid. Played travel baseball for me and a friend when he was 10-12. Very friendly and always smiling. Maxpreps had him listed as the freshman with the most running yards in the nation until 11/7 when a kid in Florida had a playoff game and passed him. Alontae had 1,676 yards with an 8.3 yds/car. I dread Franklin County playing him the next three years. We definitely couldn't stop him this year. He had 291 yds on 25 carries...and 6 touchdowns.

Franklin County might not have to worry about playing him the next 3 years. School change is possibility.

He's up for the Adidas all American game freshman team in San Antonio and being considered for tn 6a all state team

Ok watched the video and the main thing I noticed is either that whole team is beasts and/or everyone they play are scrubs.The whole first half the of the video is nothing but bombs and screens to the house which really tells nothing about the qb's talent other than he has a strong arm and good athletes to throw to. Later on they show him making some nice passes, but by then I was jaded and felt the competition was suspect. Whoever made the video was terrible at editing. They should have mixed up the plays instead of putting all the silly TD's against overmatched opponents first. Show him making some tough throws with the TD's sprinkled in. Also noticed that team has interesting demographics.

Sounds like a terrific kid who's unusually mature for a freshman:

“Heading into the season, he had never really been coached as a quarterback,” said CHS coach Ryan Sulkowski. “The thing is, he really did this in eight games.

“He’s still young, but I absolutely love where we are going with things.”

...“He’s obviously one of the nation’s best as a freshman and he just continues to improve,” said Sulkowski. “Just in the last couple of days, he’s been texting me to see what he can do to improve. He’s such a talented athlete and he knows he has a future. When you have the talent that he has, you can’t just sleep on it. You have to embrace it. And he’s beginning to fully embrace the quarterback position. He’s starting to be the player we expect him to be."

http://www.manchestertimes.com/?p=19220

Hey guys. Just to weigh in on this kid without giving some personal things away. He's an amazing athlete and has a great arm. His technique is getting better by the week. I'm not 100% sure he'll play QB at the next level. I think he can, but he has a couple years to develop. He picked up a Vandy offer earlier this week and I wouldn't be surprised to see Butch show him a scholly soon. I'll update as much as I can

Reactions: 5 people
Hey guys. Just to weigh in on this kid without giving some personal things away. He's an amazing athlete and has a great arm. His technique is getting better by the week. I'm not 100% sure he'll play QB at the next level. I think he can, but he has a couple years to develop. He picked up a Vandy offer earlier this week and I wouldn't be surprised to see Butch show him a scholly soon. I'll update as much as I can
Did he grow up a Tennessee fan? Because if he did then hopefully that means no worries about Vandy :)

VN Store

Back