Stats thread

dcm3w

Daddy
Sorry if I seem out of the loop or if it's already been discussed but could we possibly make a sticky of current commits and prospects that has updated stats from their HS season? I feel that would be very useful for Volnation and it would be nice to compare recruits stats.

I mean...I could make it possibly? :blink:

If this happens, you should put what division/district the player is in. So we can get a feel of what kind of competition they are up against.

Sorry if I seem out of the loop or if it's already been discussed but could we possibly make a sticky of current commits and prospects that has updated stats from their HS season? I feel that would be very useful for Volnation and it would be nice to compare recruits stats.

I mean...I could make it possibly? :blink:

Nobody is going to complain if you take a bunch of information that we are all desperate to have but that isn't easy to come by, and put it on one easily accessible list.

Reactions: 1 person
I tried to gather what I could from VQ. They missed Blackman's first game this year (stats wise). Here's what I got.

Through 6 games, Cecil Cherry has 70 tackles, 6 forced fumbles, 1 sack, and 1 pick.

Through 5 games, Joc Bruce has 576 rushing yards, 9 rushing scores, 1 receiving TD, a pick 6, and one bad ass hit on defense that made the Sportscenter top 10.

Through 5 games, Andrew Butcher has 28 tackles, 5.5 sacks, 6.5 TFLs, 2 forced fumbles, a fumble recovery, 1 rushing TD, and he knocked 2 QBs out in one game.

Through 6 games, Marques Ford has 22 tackles, 3 sacks, 8.5 TFLs, and a fumble return for a TD.

Through 5 games, Alvin Kamara has 95 carries for 765 yards with 10 rushing scores. He's averaging 19 rushes and 153 yards per game. Oh yeah, he's also averaging a modest 8.05 ypc.

Through 6 games, Kyle Oliver has caught 18 passes for 283 yards and 2 TDs. 15.7 yards per catch.

Through 6 games, Tommy Townsend has averaged 44.1 yards per punt. Also has 4 touchbacks on kickoffs.

Through 5 games, Rocky Reid has 157 carries for 1,030 yards and 13 TDs. He is averaging 31 carries and 206 yards with a 6.56 ypc average. I'm missing one of his games.

Through 6 games, Preston Williams has 36 catches for 645 yards and 8 TDs. He is averaging 6 catches and 107.5 yards with a 17.9 ypc average.

Through 5 games, Quinten Dormady has completed 115-199 passes for 1,495 yards, 15 TDs, 9 INTs, and 2 rushing scores. He's completing 58% of his passes. Averaging right at 299 passing yards per game.

Through 5 games, Jauan Jennings has completed 58-100 passes for 1,028 yards with 9 TDs and 1 INT. He's got 353 rushing yards and 7 scores. He's completing 58% of his passes. Averaging 206 yards per game. I'm missing 2 of his games.

Volatil or whoever else, feel free to add or correct this. I'll list some more here soon

Reactions: 2 people
thanks for the info!

wow, Dormady is 15/9...that's rough.

He's probably pressing and trying to make too much happen. I was a WR and I've been around that stuff. I've also read that he's not surrounded by the best supporting cast either.

It is what it is though. He needs to clean it up and be sharper.

Reactions: 2 people
This has been done in previous years and was a very useful/informative thread. I would love to see it come back.

I wish JJ was an EE... it'd be extremely helpful

Agreed. Dormady is getting a huge boost right now. Jennings is going to have his work cut out for him. But, I think that recent SEC success has shown that a very good running QB can fake it until he makes it much better than a pro-style. Pure athleticism can allow you to focus on a small segment of the playbook passing wise and then making things happen with your feet while your grow into the position and the full gamut of plays.

Agreed. Dormady is getting a huge boost right now. Jennings is going to have his work cut out for him. But, I think that recent SEC success has shown that a very good running QB can fake it until he makes it much better than a pro-style. Pure athleticism can allow you to focus on a small segment of the playbook passing wise and then making things happen with your feet while your grow into the position and the full gamut of plays.

Yeah, I just realized a few days ago about Dormady running the same offense as us. That can't hurt his development. The main thing I am worried about is him liking to force things too much. He has a great arm but seems to make poor decisions. (And yes, I have heard that his team isn't that good)

Yeah, I just realized a few days ago about Dormady running the same offense as us. That can't hurt his development. The main thing I am worried about is him liking to force things too much. He has a great arm but seems to make poor decisions. (And yes, I have heard that his team isn't that good)

Well, two things may be playing against him right now. If he is running with Butch's playbook AND he has no talent at WR, then they may be unable to adequately run the plays that he is trying to incorporate. It may mask bad talent at WR if you play with a more relaxed HS playbook. Trying to run an SEC system could be tricky.

This seems especially plausible given that Dormady didn't seem to have a problem with INT's before.

Well, two things may be playing against him right now. If he is running with Butch's playbook AND he has no talent at WR, then they may be unable to adequately run the plays that he is trying to incorporate. It may mask bad talent at WR if you play with a more relaxed HS playbook. Trying to run an SEC system could be tricky.

This seems especially plausible given that Dormady didn't seem to have a problem with INT's before.

That's true. It will be interesting to see him and JJ develop.

@DonHaggardBCP: @Marques_Ford 2015 DE @EastBayHS, #BCP #XECUTIVES Selection thru 6 gms: 34 Tackles 10.5 TFL 4 Sack 1 FF 2 FR (78-Yd FR TD) @BigCountyPreps1

VN Store

Back