We Have 25 Commits

VolnJC

and from what I read we can't back count anyone..so if we get another commit, then someone has to lose one. Is that right?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
No one has any idea how many or who we are gonna take

I expect a mass exodus of players after the season is over, it's the only way we can possibly take this many.

Reactions: 1 person
Much fat will have to be trimmed to make room for the talent Butch is bringing in. As others have said, this class will look different come NSD.

Reactions: 4 people
No one has any idea how many or who we are gonna take

I expect a mass exodus of players after the season is over, it's the only way we can possibly take this many.

a mass exodus helps with the 85 number but we still can't sign more than 25 in a year..we back counted many last year to make the numbers work

I don't mind the Saban approach to getting the best recruits but Butch needs to be careful of which bridges he burns cutting players.

a mass exodus helps with the 85 number but we still can't sign more than 25 in a year..we back counted many last year to make the numbers work

Oh. Then I'm completely clueless on how Butch is gonna make the numbers work.

I found out what happened to Leb Vol

tumblr_maxpieCmjF1qh5u4lo1_500.gif

Reactions: 10 people

I think there is still the NCAA rule they used last year about players who don't take official visits and just enroll or some such don't count toward the official 25.

Where's he been?

He'll drop in shortly with a "rabble rabble IMO only 17 spots rabble rabble IMO I was right about Gibson rabble rabble IMO class will be wrapped up by September rabble rabble IMO Butch should stop pushing for Richmond IMO"

Reactions: 5 people
I don't mind the Saban approach to getting the best recruits but Butch needs to be careful of which bridges he burns cutting players.

I disagree. Yes keeping good relations with in state HS is important, however with the way Butch is recruiting other states, it's not that big of a deal. Tennessee just does not produce top notch talent every year like NC, Georgia and Florida.

If burning a couple of in state bridges means we get the players we need to win more, then so be it.

At this point we're expected to take at least one more offensive linemen, maybe two if one of guys flips elsewhere or gets trimmed due to some unforseen circumstance (like grades, for example). Defensive back we are expected one, maybe two if a similar situation unfolds. LB, one more? Running back is an option. No idea how it's going to unfold but I guarantee we start to see some moves being made by Tennessee to make room before Christmas. You know Butch has a present for us. Also it could be like at AL a few years ago when they "oversigned" (I believe they needed to make room for 4-5) but literally days before fall practice started Saban made room and got everyone in. Had to greyshirt some players and cut temporary scholarship status to some walk-ons but the point is they were able to stretch their class to the max - a very important recruiting class with a lot of talent at that. Wasn't pretty but it shows the amount of flex coaches have with these situations. They have quite a bit of authority in making decisions like freeing up scholarships if they were not guaranteed when the LOI was signed.

These type of number crunches are why we have a huge staff with a massive resource base. They get things done.

Let's hope that Butch doesn't need to get advice from this board as to how figure this out.
At least he has five months to solve what seems to be a great situation.

The number is 28 that we can sign. We can sign 28 this year and can probably blue-shirt a certain prospect (not hard to guess who) and sign and place a couple guys if they don't qualify. So we may end up with 30 or 31, but 29 at most will be on scholarship come next fall.

VN Store

Back