Vershawn Brock.png
Middle Linebacker
Chicago Harper HS
Chicago, Illinois
HT: 6' 0"
WT: 217 lbs
VERSHAWN BROCK - Hudl
Vershawn Brock's Football Recruiting Profile
Scout.com - College and High School Football, Basketball, Recruiting, NFL, and MLB Front Page

Chicago Harper (Ill.) is home to junior middle linebacker Vershawn Brock who has quite a bit of interest on the recruiting trail.

"Recruiting is going alright," Brock said. "After I got MVP at the elite-100 camp I have been getting a lot of emails to attend college camps."

And continuing on with his recruitment, Brock has his eye on several schools that he would like to hear from in the coming months.

"I would like to hear from Tennessee because I like their program and I am originally from Tennessee," Brock said. "I would also like to hear from LSU because they also have a nice program. Playing for LSU, I think I could develop into a great middle linebacker."

The season is going well for Brock, who stands 6-foot, 217-pounds, and has Harper at 4-2 on the season so far.

"This past week I had three rushing touchdowns, five tackles and one sack," Brock said. "I am focusing on staying disciplined and staying focused in practice."

Brock has received the most interest so far from Wisconsin and Northern Illinois.

"I was excited about Wisconsin, and they have a nice running back core," Brock said.

Most schools are looking at Brock as a middle linebacker, even though he plays running back for Harper as well.

"I like that I can either blitz or drop back into coverage for an interception," Brock said. "Also I can cover the whole field at that position."

Since the evaluation period started for junior prospects Brock has heard from Missouri, Davenport, Northern Illinois, Kentucky and Cincinnati.

VN Store

Back