Recruiting Rankings vs On-the-Field Performance Measurement

lacrossepro70

Chart: Which NCAA Football Teams Outplay Their Recruit Rankings?

Read this today and thought I would share-

As you can see by the graph, Tennessee is as far below the curve as any team in the nation.

Measurements were based on Rivals recruiting rankings based on the years 2009-2013. On-the-field performance based on Kenneth Massey's composite ranking system.

Tennessee has averaged 15th in recruiting and 55th in rankings. We can probably attribute the disparity between recruiting and performance from coaching changes (obviously), schedule difficulty and Derek Dooley being a crappy HC in general.

Good news is, statistically speaking, if we keep recruiting well it's highly, highly unlikely we can do any worse, even in the SEC East.

Go Butch, and go Vols.

Side note- Cincinnati performed well above their expectations (in terms of recruiting) under Butch. I take that as a sign of good things to come :cool:

I would like to see a side by side analysis of composit rankings for the teams that we play on our schedule to see how we fair

Reactions: 1 person
This is very similar to DAJ's posts from the last few years. I wonder if this is him?

huge recruiting weekend. just saw the list of visitors for '15-'16 classes. A good curb stompin on the Gators, which is way overdue, would solidify many commits and add more fuel to the fire thats gettin hot up on the hill :fireworks:

VN Store

Back