Recruiting Forum: UNofficial Florida Pre-Game Thread

AVolforLifenmeZac

A Vol Nut
Thought we should go ahead and get this one started.Here are a couple things I hope the team works on in practice this week:

1. Play calling- this one is more about the coaches but we have to adjust to what is working. Yesterday in the Georgia game the middle of the field was open for 8-15 yards at almost any given time. We need some slants or crossing routes or something

2. Feed North, Hurd, and very hopefully Pearson. These are our 3 best offensive skill players. We need them to have the ball as often as possible.

3. Sustain drives- Our poor defense did all they could but the third quarter they were out there almost the whole quarter.

4. Protect Worley- I don't know how, but we have to do something. This team lives and dies with Worley this year. Without him we are at best maybe 5-7. With him we can be 8-4.

This is really all I have this week. Can't wait to see the vols whip dat gator @$$ this weekend!!! LETS GO VOLS!! #GBO

Reactions: 9 people
This is the thread that is gona be booming into the night Saturday! That patience that has been preached to us, all pays off Saturday. 31-17 Vols!

Reactions: 1 person
While I'm researching, I'm browsing through some gold on the Gator boards. Here's some candy for y'all:

We runoff two, yes two QB's that are better than our starter by far. oh yea, after watching The Vols , I see no way in hell we are close to having a reasonable shot in Knoxville . Sad , football is back to the days of Dickey.

UT's qb will shred us, won't even be close.

Gators, Vols and Dawgs have one thing in common- weak secondaries.

Seriously though, is that your real thought?

Yep. Real talk. Vols strength is UF weakness this yr. If Jake doesn't go away from passing attack shouldn't have trouble moving the ball. Hurd is solid but he won't win this game for you guys. TE's should have monster game vs Gorman or matched up with Morrison.

Have to keep Fowler and Ball in check early.

Really think Maybin and AJ slows down UF running game.

TIA for Muschamp's firing. Lol

Yep. Real talk. Vols strength is UF weakness this yr. If Jake doesn't go away from passing attack shouldn't have trouble moving the ball. Hurd is solid but he won't win this game for you guys. TE's should have monster game vs Gorman or matched up with Morrison.

Our pleasure :) we are due. I can see a meltdown on VN if we don't win

Worley gets all of his targets back for this game, and has a huge day passing for 300+ yards. Hurd rushes for 100+ as well. Defense plays lights out! We come out mad this game...

34-10 Vols

Reactions: 5 people
Worley gets all of his targets back for this game, and has a huge day passing for 300+ yards. Hurd rushes for 100+ as well. Defense plays lights out! We come out mad this game...

34-10 Vols

Great minds think alike, my friend

Good thing WM picked Driskel over Brisset. He was ballin out last night against FSU. On a related note Wiess fired at Kansas.

HG, I haven't seen you post anything about this but give me 3 somehwhat realistic names on your wishlist if/when UF fires Muschamp.

The Vols head back to the friendly confines of Neyland Stadium this week after a tough loss on the road to Georgia. The Vols played a solid game against the Bulldogs, but came up on the short-end of the stick again, but it is obvious they are improving.

Personally, I want the Florida game more than any other, every year. Sure, Bama is huge, and for most fans, that may be the "big one", but growing up during the Spurrier era, and seeing Florida being the constant roadblock for those incredible Tennessee teams, this one still is the "money game" for me. Florida has won 22 of the last 28 games. I can't stand them.

How do the Vols stack up against the once mighty Florida Gators?

The Gators sit at 2-1 right now, and are coming fresh off of a bye-week. Normally, I crunch numbers from all of the games, but I don't think what they did against Eastern Michigan is going to have much relevance to us (66-0), so the stats this week will only take into account games vs. Alabama and Kentucky.

Here are the keys to the game:

1. Keep on rollin': Worley played some good football against UGA. Good enough to probably win the game, if he didn't get injured. On the season, he is completing 60% of his passes. I can't recall what I said at the beginning of the season, but I think I said 65 or 70% would put us in a really good place. Aside from the Oklahoma game, he has been right around that mark. Worley should be able to pick apart the Florida secondary, 7 yards at a time. Florida has given up an incredible average of 407 yards passing to KY and AL. Worley should have silly grin on his face.

If the Vols return Pearson and/or Smith, it will get even better. Worley played some of his best football against Georgia. Give him 4 quarters in Knoxville against the Gators, and he should notch 300+ yards. Wolf should eat often.

2. Turnovers: One of the things that killed us against UGA was the inability to capitalize on turnovers. When the breaks go your way, you must turn them into points. Driskel has 3 INT on the year, and Tennessee would do well to force him into another multiple turnover game. Demarcus Robinson (WR) went absolutely nuts against East Mich and KY, but disappeared vs. AL. Limit his effectiveness, and we are doing well.

Our secondary has been playing hit or miss football. Sometimes looking bad, sometimes looking really Cam Sutton. Overall, the secondary should be up to the task and have a couple of picks. Brian Randolph is due to pick off a deep post.

3. Establish the Running Game: Florida will likely look to grind it out on the ground with Matt Jones (4.7 ypc) and Kelvin Taylor (3.94 ypc). They gave up on the run vs Bama, but whoever runs the ball the best in this series wins. Our defense has to be stout up the middle, and contain the edge. For the love of Todd... when you play Florida, contain the edge.

The TN OL needs to continue to grow, and I look for Hurd to break off a couple of big runs. Worley's effectiveness will cause the defense to play honest, and Hurd should gallop through for some big gains. Don't be surprised to see his line look like, (2, 2, -1, 4, 0, 6, 23, 4...) The truth is, Gurley was held in check fairly well, but it's those big runs that raise that average up and makes it look like he was dominating all night. Marlin Lane needs to contribute and take some of the hits off of Hurd, and maybe we finally see Scott this week.

4. Fast Track: Tennessee jumped out to a 10-0 lead in Athens, and if that game was in Knoxville, it may have become a blowout. Tennessee fans are ravenously craving a win over our big 3 opponents, and if the Vols can jump out to a quick lead, the fans will be nuts... 12:00 kick-off or not. It will be interesting to see if the checkerboard idea works out. I think Butch has a few more things in store for this game as well. Hitting the gators quick will be key in making this a hellish afternoon from the 102,455.

5. Kick the monkey's a** off of our backs: It's time. We've been close. We've had "moral victories". It's time for a big win. A win over Florida would not be a bigger win than the win over USCe last year, but the perception of it is. Fans want this one, and the team wants this one. The seniors will want to have this notch in their belt, and the team continues to grown and mature as the season goes on. On Saturday afternoon, the team puts it all together.

TN 37
FL 24

Reactions: 11 people
Saturday

1. The defense is the real deal. Make Driskel (Sloth from the Goonies) beat you.

2. UF Secondary has problems. If Worley can remain upright, he should put up some big numbers.

3. Jalen Hurd is good. Inexperienced line and he has 200+ yards in the past 2 games against 2 of the better Dlines in the nation.

4. Please throw to Cam Sutton's side. Please

5. Special Teams have improved drastically. Medley looks healthy.

Vols will beat the Gators. I look for this one to be put to bed early.

UT 35

UF 13

Butch Jones is the man. He will win big here.

Can't wait

Reactions: 6 people
Who cares about perception.

Tear those muther effing goal posts down and throw them in the river. We have been down for too long. It's time to party.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back