Who's next to commit?

You...and this thread to The Recruiting Forum...I'd suppose...

If you look at Rivals Tennessee page it shows 23 names 10-4 stars and 1-5 star, but the team rankings only shows 22 commits 9-4 stars and 1- 5 star. Who is missing from the team rankings?:confused:

I'd like Johnny Frasier to be next however I think that may be a signing day flip. I have this gut feeling he ends up at UT. So our next commit I'm assuming is Justin Martin CB.

I think they take Kyle Phillips, but he's definitely it.

I think Kyle Phillips or Dalton... Either one but if not either than Walker. I say we get one more Defensive End. We needed several I think two would be good then a Cornerback and a offensive linemen. I think we flip Atkinson who is commuted to auburn if we can take that many. Then we shut it down.

We're done for the '15 class. We've got our 24 commitments and this class is finished by the end of Sept just like Leb said it would be :)

Reactions: 1 person
I would like to flip Richmond, and hang on to what we got and we are well on our way back to the top.

Yep. Nothing more to see here. Errybody just move along. :eek:lol:

Rifleman, would I be correct to assume from your avatar that Jackie Walker was one of your favorite players? If so, here is the link to an article about him that I believe you will enjoy: Before there was No. 52 Michael Sam, there was No. 52 Jackie Walker | Al Jazeera America. Lon Herzbrun, who coached Walker in high school and then in college, said that “I coached Steve Kiner and Hacksaw Reynolds, and both of those linebackers are in the Hall of Fame,” said Herzbrun. “Jackie was as good as they were. Jackie is the only defensive player I ever saw stalemate Chip Kell, who was a great offensive lineman, and Chip is in the Hall of Fame

Another nugget which I did not recall pertains to the extreme measures that Bear Bryant took to neutralize Jackie in the 1971 Alabama game. It was dirty as sin but, at the same time, a sign of extraordinary respect for his prowess as a defender.

"Jamie Rotella, an All-American linebacker who played with Walker at Tennessee, recalled Walker was such a feared hitter that legendary Alabama coach Bear Bryant designed a post-and-chop blocking scheme for Walker in 1971. Post-and-chop is common with two blockers, but Bryant used three blockers on some plays against Walker. It was diabolical, but necessary. One blocker would hit Walker head on to stand him up, two more would come — one from the left, one from the right — and neutralize him.

“We had designed a defense for Alabama for Jackie to run free and use his speed and then they came up with this illegal chop-blocking scheme and ran right at him,” Rotella said. “It was the first time I saw Jackie hurt. I knew he had a concussion, but he didn’t come out of the game. He was giving away 100 pounds to each blocker. He had a good game by anybody else’s standards, but not a Jackie game.

“He is the toughest man I ever knew.” It boggles the mind to think that Jackie wreaked such havoc from the linebacker position despite never weighing more than 188 pounds as a senior.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
We're done for the '15 class. We've got our 24 commitments and this class is finished by the end of Sept just like Leb said it would be :)

Yep. No decommits, nobody is gonna be asked to look elsewhere its over and done. No more recruiting for 2015. Now we focus on 2016 only and be done with that come June. :eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

VN Store

Back