4_3115895.jpg

Outside Linebacker
Hendersonville, TN (Beech)
Ht: 6-3 | Wt: 215

Jacob Phillips - Hudl

☆☆☆☆☆ 247

☆☆☆☆☆ Rivals

☆☆☆☆☆ Jacob Phillips - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

Sophomore linebacker Jacob Phillips of Beech High School in Hendersonville, Tenn., received a scholarship offer from Tennessee on Wednesday 9/24/14.

It was the second offer in a matter of hours for the 6-foot-3, 215-pound Phillips, who also picked up an offer from Ole Miss on Wednesday.

Phillips is expected to be one of the top prospects from the state of Tennessee in the 2017 class.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I would absolutely love to stick it to Ole Miss here. You have to think with the connections CBJ has established at Beech that we should be an early favorite. By the time he signs, we should be competing for the SEC again.

In a Volquest article he states he like Tennessee, Vanderbilt and Ohio State the most but hinted he was leaning toward staying in state.

Visiting Ole Miss and UT in the near future.

In a Volquest article he states he like Tennessee, Vanderbilt and Ohio State the most but hinted he was leaning toward staying in state.

Visiting Ole Miss and UT in the near future.

You have to like that we're the only one of those three to have offered. I'm sure OM will throw some cash around when he visits them. I like our chances early on though. I know this will start an argument, but let's start a P-Word over at Beech.

I'm going to make a bold statement here...

But I think that by 2017 we will be perennial SEC contenders again. That is going to make recruiting tons easier and I see making runs at the top spot beginning in 2017 and beyond.

Very solid looking prospect. I will be interested to see if he outgrows OLB though, this kid already nearly has college OLB size and he has years to grow and develop still.

4_3115895.jpg

Outside Linebacker
Hendersonville, TN (Beech)
Ht: 6-3 | Wt: 215

Jacob Phillips

Jacob Phillips - Hudl

Sophomore linebacker Jacob Phillips of Beech High School in Hendersonville, Tenn., received a scholarship offer from Tennessee on Wednesday 9/24/14.

It was the second offer in a matter of hours for the 6-foot-3, 215-pound Phillips, who also picked up an offer from Ole Miss on Wednesday.

Phillips is expected to be one of the top prospects from the state of Tennessee in the 2017 class.

Hurd needs to talk to him!! both are from Beech High School. Son of a Beech!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to make a bold statement here...

But I think that by 2017 we will be perennial SEC contenders again. That is going to make recruiting tons easier and I see making runs at the top spot beginning in 2017 and beyond.

I agree that we should be perennial SEC contenders but not sure if it will make recruiting easier.

When we have 5* & 4* recruits on the two deep roster, like Saban has at "O bama" then kids will not want to come here. They will want to go to a good team that has the prospect of immediate playing time.

Mark Ingram left, then he was replaced by Richardson, then Richardson left and was replaced by Lacy. Now Lacy left and is replaced by Derrick Henry. 4* after 4* after 4*.

If you want immediate playing time, then do as JuWuan James & Stone did. Do like Sutton did. Do like North did and go to a program with available starting spots.

I agree that we should be perennial SEC contenders but not sure if it will make recruiting easier.

When we have 5* & 4* recruits on the two deep roster, like Saban has at "O bama" then kids will not want to come here. They will want to go to a good team that has the prospect of immediate playing time.

Mark Ingram left, then he was replaced by Richardson, then Richardson left and was replaced by Lacy. Now Lacy left and is replaced by Derrick Henry. 4* after 4* after 4*.

If you want immediate playing time, then do as JuWuan James & Stone did. Do like Sutton did. Do like North did and go to a program with available starting spots.

Top quality athletes want to compete first and foremost! And they believe that they can compete with anybody. You want a team full of athletes that believe in themselves enough to be willing to go out and compete against the best to earn their playing time, not athletes who get it by default.

He said he also likes what he has seen from the Vols under coach*Butch Jones’ staff.

“I’ve followed them a lot, seeing all the other kids in the state getting offered by them,” Phillips said. “They’re going to be a heck of a football team in these years to come —*probably competing for the national championship —*and I’d love to be a part of that success.”

Phillips already has attended games at Vanderbilt and Kentucky this season, and he said he’s scheduled to attend Ole Miss’ home game against Alabama on Saturday. He said he’s also planning to visit Tennessee later this season.

While he said he already has decided that he would like to go to a school that’s not “too far” from home, he insisted he’s in no hurry to decide on a college.

I'm a teacher at Beech High School and I had Jacob in class last year when he was a Freshman. Kid can really play, he's a big kid that will only get better. Should also be noted that he is a really good kid with a good head on his shoulders. He's an Ohio State fan, but I really wouldn't be surprised to see him stick in-state and be a Vol.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm a teacher at Beech High School and I had Jacob in class last year when he was a Freshman. Kid can really play, he's a big kid that will only get better. Should also be noted that he is a really good kid with a good head on his shoulders. He's an Ohio State fan, but I really wouldn't be surprised to see him stick in-state and be a Vol.

Oxymoron

Reactions: 2 people
6'3, 215 Sophomore.

Good grief. It must be nice to have those genes.

5'10, 155 is what I'm made of... at 34, :eek:lol:

6'3, 215 Sophomore.

Good grief. It must be nice to have those genes.

5'10, 155 is what I'm made of... at 34, :eek:lol:

It appears we have rather similar builds Nick. Hopefully since I'm 21 I can squeeze out another inch or two since I haven't grown any in years

Guess that's why Bama's recruiting has tapered off so much huh? :glare:

Reactions: 4 people

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but I don't understand why these southern kids like Ohio State so much. You live in SEC country where the best college football is played. It's not like Ohio State has won anything since these kids have actually payed attention.

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but I don't understand why these southern kids like Ohio State so much. You live in SEC country where the best college football is played. It's not like Ohio State has won anything since these kids have actually payed attention.

They're hyped like holy hell though!...kinda like Miami in the 80s and 90s...of course those Cane teams did win the requisite championships...but kids nationwide wore their gear and became "fans"...in contrast to their attendance at home.

VN Store

Back