Prep coaches, players sold on Jones the recruiter

kamoshika

Shadowens is impressed with Jones’ recruiting strategy.

“Being here all my life, I’ve dealt with everybody [coaches] across the country,” says Shadowens, in his sixth year at Blackman after spending the previous 14 years at Smyrna.

“Coach Jones does as good a job as anybody selling the program. He’s just down to earth, funny. Coach Jones just has a great personality, and behind closed doors, he’s the same way. He’s just very articulate and fun to be around.”

Shadowens says other coaches and in this area are also on board with Jones. It’s a far different vibe than that presented by his predecessor at UT, Derek Dooley.

“I know (Jones is) getting it across to the kids and coaches in Middle Tennessee,” Shadowens adds. “He’s making them feel like they’re a part of something. He’s great with the kids and the families.”

Prep Coaches, Players Sold on Jones the Recruiter - Memphis Daily News

Reactions: 17 people
Jones must marvel at how stupid Dooley was to not do the simple and easy things it takes to be HC at Tennessee.

Reactions: 9 people
I wonder if Dooley looks back at his time here and realizes what an epic failure he was

Reactions: 8 people
I wonder if Dooley looks back at his time here and realizes what an epic failure he was

Hopefully he's surrounded by good people who love him enough to tell him he had no business being a head coach at an SEC program like Tennessee.

Reactions: 3 people
I would love to sit down with a cold one and let him tell how he feels about the lack of effort Dooley put in. I bet he would have you laughing so hard.

Reactions: 2 people
Jones must marvel at how stupid Dooley was to not do the simple and easy things it takes to be HC at Tennessee.

Just because BJ does it well doesnt mean its simple and easy. I'd imagine it takes more time and effort to do these "simple and easy" things than either one of us could believe. Just saying

Reactions: 2 people
Dooley is still making millions off of UT while earning a paycheck in Dallas. Though, no one likes to fail, I suspect that the money acts as a nice salve for any discomfort he might experience when looking back on his time in Knoxville.

Unfortunately, the Vols just had to endure the full brunt of his tenure.

Hopefully, time and CBJ will quickly heal UT's wound.

I do not see collecting $11mil over 3 years as failure. I see the idiots that paid it to him better defining the term "failure".

Reactions: 4 people
If Dools wanted to..he would make a really good AD. A lot of the stuff he did that was not actually game related at UT was pretty good. He had a lot to do with the new facility not being a botched up job. I think he really wants to be a coach though.

There are many people in positions of power (although they don't deserve to be there) that do not possess the necessary social skills. Dooley is a prime example.

Building and maintaining a successful program is based on keeping in state talent home and our savvy HC is well aware of that. Lock'er down Butch. :good!:

Just because BJ does it well doesnt mean its simple and easy. I'd imagine it takes more time and effort to do these "simple and easy" things than either one of us could believe. Just saying

This x 10! It is a very rare combination to have a personality that it seems CBJ has and at the same time be driven and meticulous. We Are lucky indeed to have him as our coach.

He should feel guilty each month when he gets his monthly check from the university as part of his severance package.

I think it is comical that he would not allow Witten to be around the team unless Dooley had prior knowledge of it and now he is in close proximity of Dooley every day.

VN Store

Back