Offensive line recruiting

Nashvol2

Vol For Lifer
I know of one can spend an hour or two poking around but what does our Own line recruiting look like over the next year or so? I figured some of you gurus would have the low down. I'm a bit concerned as someone who casually follows recruiting during this time of the year. I keep seeing excessive amounts (imo) of WR's and now a few more RB offers go out with the 2015 class already full (seemingly). I'm not the head ball coach but I believe if I had any extra spots than I'd be squeezing in an extra lineman or two.

Thoughts?

All you have to do is go to rivals.com and look at our commit list for 2015 and 2016. Its really not that hard.

Reactions: 1 person
All you have to do is go to rivals.com and look at our commit list for 2015 and 2016. Its really not that hard.

I get it and probably will this evening. I just took a lunch break and on my mobile at the moment. I thought I'd get a few opinions. You got one to offer up?

Reactions: 7 people
Same as it did every year, Pinky. Try to rule the world.. oh sorry, wrong thread.

Next year we graduate 1 Sr in the 2-deep in Marcus Jackson and will have a solid mix of experience and youth (in some cases, both). And we already have 3 outstanding OL committed with another star waiting to flip when he officially and unofficially visits us the rest of the season.

Reactions: 2 people
Committed

2015:
Jack Jones (injured) - T/G
Chance Hall (injured) - T
Zach Stewart - G
Venzell Boulware - G, possible T

2016:
Ryan Johnson - T

We missed on Drew Richmond but we are still recruiting him. Since we missed on him we are now showing interest in Sweet (UNC), Burrell (OSU lean), Allen (UGA) and a few others.

Reactions: 7 people
Same as it did every year, Pinky. Try to rule the world.. oh sorry, wrong thread.

Next year we graduate 1 Sr in the 2-deep in Marcus Jackson and will have a solid mix of experience and youth (in some cases, both). And we already have 3 outstanding OL committed with another star waiting to flip when he officially and unofficially visits us the rest of the season.

So we are looking at adding 3 maybe 4 next year? We have no real tackles on the field and in my opinion the level of talent that Dooley recruited on the o line isn't going to cut it. I'd feel better with 6 or more coming in. I hope I'm wrong.

So we are looking at adding 3 maybe 4 next year? We have no real tackles on the field and in my opinion the level of talent that Dooley recruited on the o line isn't going to cut it. I'd feel better with 6 or more coming in. I hope I'm wrong.

Dooley recruited O linemen? :crazy::eek:lol:

4 committed and trying to hook a big 5th. With 4 or 5 solid rated new guys, and the current line facing the growing pains they are this year, the next few years look bright.

I get it and probably will this evening. I just took a lunch break and on my mobile at the moment. I thought I'd get a few opinions. You got one to offer up?

Sure. I like our Oline commits right now but I would like to see us add maybe 2 more. And they don't have to be 5*s, I think lower ranked Oline recruits can play int he SEC if they are coached up properly and have a year in the S & C program.

I thought Marcus Jackson was a red shirt junior?

Kerbyson, Robertson, and Crowder are the only actual SEC level starters that we have imo. We have some guys that could come along and contribute and you need some of those guys but we need an immediate infusion of talent specifically at tackle. As most of you know, you have to have a number of guys come in to really find a guy or two who is ready to contribute early.

Sure. I like our Oline commits right now but I would like to see us add maybe 2 more. And they don't have to be 5*s, I think lower ranked Oline recruits can play int he SEC if they are coached up properly and have a year in the S & C program.

I also would like to see another true T prospect. Would be nice to flip Richmond, Allen, or Sweet.

I agree totally. The current class would under normal circumstances be all that we need. However, with "0" in 2012, our numbers are down and not balanced. We definitely need 5 in the 2015 class and maybe 6. Hopefully, the additional 1 or 2 recruits have long arms and are candidates for OT. Also would be good if several redshirt so we begin to build long term depth. My guess is that Hall would definitely be a redshirt because of his injury.

I wouldn't be surprised if Big Mo is moved to guard next year.

Either way, I'm starting to back off from the ledge thanks to some of your comments and a quick look at the current roster and commits. I'm still concerned but it would be a concern no matter how many we sign this year.

Committed

2015:
Jack Jones (injured) - T/G
Chance Hall (injured) - T
Zach Stewart - G
Venzell Boulware - G, possible T

2016:
Ryan Johnson - T

We missed on Drew Richmond but we are still recruiting him. Since we missed on him we are now showing interest in Sweet (UNC), Burrell (OSU lean), Allen (UGA) and a few others.

Jones is playing this week

No way Richmond stays with OM. He'll be here.

I can't name any OM OLinemen since Oher. All 5 of our 2013 starters are now earning a paycheck in the NFL.

I would like to see a guy like Pair do more than put on and take off a clean uniform every Saturday.

Pair is a 5th year senior, so this year is it for him.

FWIW, I heard a media type on the radio recently (might have been Hubss but I can't remember for sure) say that when he first came here, Pair had great footwork and athleticism; he looked like a future star. Then he blew his knee out and has never been the same.

FWIW, I heard a media type on the radio recently (might have been Hubss but I can't remember for sure) say that when he first came here, Pair had great footwork and athleticism; he looked like a future star. Then he blew his knee out and has never been the same.

Sad

I also have asked about Pair to some "friends of friends."

Multiple people on the periphery of the program I am aquaintances with have said the guy works his butt off, tries hard, and bleeds orange but just doesn't have the goods to be starting calibur anymore. Seems to be a guy that might end up in coaching, though. TFWIW

1. Will not give up on Richmond- will take an o/v to UT
2. Pat Allen- 4 star current UGA commit
3. William Sweet-4 star current UNC commit
4. Emanuel McGirt-3 star not committed anywhere

Fall back Guys:

5. Michael Howard-3 star small need to gain about 40 lbs
6. Jordan Murray- no star- late bloomer- no offer yet 6'9" 350 lbs TX
7. Harrison Moon- 3 star- no offer yet Chatt, TN

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back