My interview with Jack, Quinten, and Preston

skasper06

I interviewed Jack Jones, Quinten Dormady and Preston Williams for the Daily Beacon on campus...with Kahlil McKenzie to come soon.

Was a great privilege to chat with them. Some quick thoughts on each player...

Preston Williams: Man of short words. By far the shortest interview. Was most intrigued by his response to my question about his teammate Montrell Custis being committed to Alabama. In short, he is focused on winning a state championship for Lovejoy HS right now and will worry about the rivalry between Bama and Tennessee later. His girl is enrolled at UT and I think that definitely plays a factor in him coming here. I believe they already have plans to get married in Knoxville.

Quinten Dormady: Very well spoken, as a quarterback is expected to be. The "elephant in the room" as I put it when speaking to him was the other UT - Texas. They haven't offered but they are way closer being in his home state. If he shoots up the recruiting boards this season, as I expect him to, what would he do if were offered by Texas? He simply squashed the idea of going anywhere else. He emphasized relationships and that's what he has with Tennessee's staff. His recruitment is shut down. Fun fact, his dad is his HS coach. Didn't know that.

Jack Jones: Extremely humble and grateful someone wanted to interview him. He said he didn't know where he would play on the line, but probably wouldn't be LT. He said he didn't care if he played as a freshman or didn't play until he was a senior, he just wants to be a Vol. He grew up a fan so orange is in his blood. He talked a little smack to Andrew Butcher (they are close friends) and said Kahlil, Charles Mosley, Dylan Jackson and Shy Tuttle (should he commit) would be good challenges in practices, but not Andrew. All in a good sense of humor he said "You can tell Andrew I said that!" haha Good kid. Can't wait to see his passion for UT on the field.

Kahlil McKenzie: Was supposed to interview him tonight but communication got mixed up. Should hopefully come in the next couple days. Will definitely talk about his recent ineligibility ruling and how he is doing with that. Hopefully it should be a great interview.

Reactions: 33 people
These commits seem to realize there is a storm brewing over the horizon and that they're about to be part of it as it rumbles in and breaks bad over the SEC.

Thanks for posting!

Hope you stick around longer than Chris Poole....

..... Congratulations. You have now stuck around longer than Chris Poole!

Reactions: 14 people
Extremely excited that Dormady is shutting down his recruitment! I was kind of worried. VFL!

Reactions: 1 person
What was Preston Williams' response about his Alabama commit teammate that intrigued you? The fact that he'll worry about the rivalry later?

The DB. I was sports writer and sold ads for the Beacon for 2 years. Was a great experience and I made @ 1k month while there, which was good in late 80's.

Thanks. Great job with great info! Good luck and I'll see you on ESPN. :good!:
GO VOLS!

Preston comes off to me as a weird dude, but with his talent I'm happy he's gonna be a vol.

Preston comes off to me as a weird dude, but with his talent I'm happy he's gonna be a vol.

Not weird but eccentric. He doesn't conform to what others think. He has his own business and is getting married. Most people twice his age can't say the same.

Reactions: 1 person
I interviewed Jack Jones, Quinten Dormady and Preston Williams for the Daily Beacon on campus...with Kahlil McKenzie to come soon.

Was a great privilege to chat with them. Some quick thoughts on each player...

Preston Williams: Man of short words. By far the shortest interview. Was most intrigued by his response to my question about his teammate Montrell Custis being committed to Alabama. In short, he is focused on winning a state championship for Lovejoy HS right now and will worry about the rivalry between Bama and Tennessee later. His girl is enrolled at UT and I think that definitely plays a factor in him coming here. I believe they already have plans to get married in Knoxville.

Quinten Dormady: Very well spoken, as a quarterback is expected to be. The "elephant in the room" as I put it when speaking to him was the other UT - Texas. They haven't offered but they are way closer being in his home state. If he shoots up the recruiting boards this season, as I expect him to, what would he do if were offered by Texas? He simply squashed the idea of going anywhere else. He emphasized relationships and that's what he has with Tennessee's staff. His recruitment is shut down. Fun fact, his dad is his HS coach. Didn't know that.

Jack Jones: Extremely humble and grateful someone wanted to interview him. He said he didn't know where he would play on the line, but probably wouldn't be LT. He said he didn't care if he played as a freshman or didn't play until he was a senior, he just wants to be a Vol. He grew up a fan so orange is in his blood. He talked a little smack to Andrew Butcher (they are close friends) and said Kahlil, Charles Mosley, Dylan Jackson and Shy Tuttle (should he commit) would be good challenges in practices, but not Andrew. All in a good sense of humor he said "You can tell Andrew I said that!" haha Good kid. Can't wait to see his passion for UT on the field.

Kahlil McKenzie: Was supposed to interview him tonight but communication got mixed up. Should hopefully come in the next couple days. Will definitely talk about his recent ineligibility ruling and how he is doing with that. Hopefully it should be a great interview.

Awesome 06! Thanks.

VN Store

Back