OT is a huge need

LittleDTO

I think we get Richmond, however, watching the game and with the injury to Gilliam, we need another OT badly. Id like to see us pursue another top OT in this class.

JMO

We have recruits committed that can project at OT

Also, keep in mind Gilliam was a senior to begin with. We would have been looking at the same OT depth for next year whether he got hurt or not.

Reactions: 7 people
We have recruits committed that can project at OT

Also, keep in mind Gilliam was a senior to begin with. We would have been looking at the same OT depth for next year whether he got hurt or not.

Maybe I wasnt clear enough. It wasn't the fact that we lose Gilliam, it's the fact that we don't have a suitable, SEC level, backup behind him.

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe I wasnt clear enough. It wasn't the fact that we lose Gilliam, it's the fact that we don't have a suitable, SEC level, backup behind him.

Actually, we have some good kids on the team and recruited. But that's the problem. They're kids. For the offensive line you need MEN.

Playing line at the high school level and in college are different. First, the amount of strength involved, second the amount of study and analysis involved and finally, no high school kid ever shows up on campus playing low enough to get leverage.

Blair is looking like a bust already. Not taking Avery Gennessy is hurting us badly now.

Good tackles are worth their weight in gold. They're also rare. Why do you think that outstanding offensive tackles get drafted so high and paid so much?

Reactions: 1 person
Our total OL in terms of depth is still screwed up..We will be young up front for several years to come as we loose a lot after next season (2015) as well.

Next year
Crowder RSR- Starter
Kerbyson RSR- Starter
Jackson RSR- Starter
Robertson- Soph- Starter
Thomas/Richmond Soph/TFR

Honest question for those coaches who frequent these threads, would moving to a 2 back set with a full back give us some more options in support of the OT's? and before any alphageek starts shredding me Im asking this question as a guy who last played football on Super Tecmo bowl.

We have three.. Blair, Thomas and Kendrick.

Blair and Thomas aren't ready. If they were they would have been the starting tackles in the first game. Instead we started a walk-on at one tackle spot and a guy whose best position is guard in Kerbyson at the other.

I hope Kendrick proves me wrong, but I'm afraid he's one those Doolittle recruits who just doesn't have the talent to play at the SEC level.

Blair and Thomas aren't ready. If they were they would have been the starting tackles in the first game. Instead we started a walk-on at one tackle spot and a guy whose best position is guard in Kerbyson at the other.

I hope Kendrick proves me wrong, but I'm afraid he's one those Doolittle recruits who just doesn't have the talent to play at the SEC level.

Thomas is ready for RT. Kerbyson might have to move over to LT.

I wouldn't rule out Robertson converting to tackle as well.

VN Store

Back