After missing on Van....

BigOrangeTrain

Morior Invictus
Does Butch start looking for another good WR? I know we have great WRs but I would think he wants to build good depth. Are we in on anymore big time WR other than PW?

Reactions: 1 person
I think we are in on so many top players in positions where we are weak that it would be crazy to chase a WR. But If we lose Von this year to the draft, then North and Pig next year. We still would have talent but not as much.

IMHO, we need depth at LB, D-line and O-line. Sure take 1-2 WRs and perhaps 1 RB, but we need numbers in the positions I just mentioned.

Reactions: 3 people
WR next year will be the most dominant position in the nation. Adding Williams to the kids we have there will be insane.

I think we need to add another Pig type player in the slot. Compact powerful and explosive running against lbs and nickel corners. Love the big receivers no doubt but I have a special place in my heart for the little guys with some shake. ⬜️🔶⬜️🔶🍊GBO🍊🔶⬜️🔶⬜️

I think we need to add another Pig type player in the slot. Compact powerful and explosive running against lbs and nickel corners. Love the big receivers no doubt but I have a special place in my heart for the little guys with some shake. ⬜️��⬜️����GBO����⬜️��⬜️

I think we may already have one in Wharton. Just a matter of time until he is ready to contribute. I think he was off to a great start in camp and then got banged up a bit and lost valuable reps. He's also a little covered up on the depth chart now, but I think if he stays healthy we will be seeing him sometime in the very near future. As for chasing another receiver, I think we need to focus on the trenches, LB depth, and maybe another lock down type corner.

Reactions: 2 people
I want Richmond, Tuttle, and for the last spot I would prefer a LB. You can make a case that we should take another CB or maybe even safety, but we took several talented young DB's last year.

I think we need to add another Pig type player in the slot. Compact powerful and explosive running against lbs and nickel corners. Love the big receivers no doubt but I have a special place in my heart for the little guys with some shake. ⬜️��⬜️����GBO����⬜️��⬜️

Joc Bruce will play slot.

Richmond,Tuttle, Sapp/DB, Kyle Phillips. That's what I'd be pursing in that order, with Shy and Richmond hearing from me on the hour every hour :)

Last edited:
If it has to be a WR, give me Ryan Newsome or Christian Kirk (if you can get him). If not, Mike Abernathy or Justin Martin.

If we are looking to add one WR and Van stay dawg, it has to be Newsome. That kid would be great in our offense, outside or slot. Top notch play making ability and elte speed. i would love to get his commitment, we could use his speed at WR and the return game(KR&PR).

i dont think pearson leaves after this year...he's really good but not that good. i could be wrong, but i think another year for that guy and he is a solid 1 or 2 round guy.

WR is not a need with the few spots left.

Richmond and Tuttle are a must.

Sapp, Martin/Abernathy nice to have.
Phillips icing on the cake.

2016 class we would need at least 2 stud WRs.

Jefferson hasn't signed anything yet. As a father of a teenage boy, I can assure you kids change their minds often.

VN Store

Back