EE Bowl Practice

Vol8188

revolUTion in the air!
I've seen a large number of posters on here claim that an early entry can participate in bowl practice.

Surely, this is a VN myth. An EE wouldn't even arrive until near mid January. Even the latest of bowl games are played around January 3rd.

Thoughts?

I've seen a large number of posters on here claim that an early entry can participate in bowl practice.

Surely, this is a VN myth. An EE wouldn't even arrive until near mid January. Even the latest of bowl games are played around January 3rd.

Thoughts?

"VolNation myth." How long have you been working for ESPN????

"Vol8188 hates us."

Reactions: 4 people

Thoughts?
Mid January is when classes start. Actually they usually start near the 8-10th of January. Classes this fall started aug 20th. But fall arrivees got here in June and July. You can get here as an EE before classes start for spring semester, just as traditional enrollees can. Fall semester ends the first week of December.

Edit: iPhone thinks it's smarter than me and made stupid autocorrects I had to fix.

Mid January is when classes start. Actually they usually start near the 8-10th of January. Classes this fall started aug 20th. But fall arrivees got here in June and July. You can get here as an EE before classes start for spring semester, just as traditional enrollees can. Fall semester ends the first week of December.

Edit: iPhone thinks it's smarter than me and made stupid autocorrects I had to fix.

But the EE would still be finishing HS. Most HS don't finish for Xmas before mid-Dec.

Or am I missing something?

Edit: Read the bio. I guess the logistics work for the late bowls but maybe not the early ones.

Last edited:

I think those guys arrive early because they enrolle in summer courses.

But the EE would still be finishing HS. Most HS don't finish for Xmas before mid-Dec.

Or am I missing something?

Edit: Read the bio. I guess the logistics work for the late bowls but maybe not the early ones.

When I was in high school (which, admittedly, was a while ago), the only way you could finish high school early was to get a GED, or to make an arrangement with your school to get ahead on the work required your senior year. I think either way you're not bound to when your high school lets out for Christmas.

When I was in high school (which, admittedly, was a while ago), the only way you could finish high school early was to get a GED, or to make an arrangement with your school to get ahead on the work required your senior year. I think either way you're not bound to when your high school lets out for Christmas.

Go to summer school a couple of summers and graduate in December and begin college in January.

Happens all the time, but what student wants to spend two or three summers attending summer school just to get ahead?

See Jason Allen. I am pretty sure he practiced during bowl preparations when he enrolled early. Don't know if that has changed, but we haven't had the opportunity the last few years.

VN Store

Back