Wt:230 lbs
Bench Max:315
Squat Max:405
Class:2016 (High School)

Tre Lamar - Yahoo! Sports

Tre Lamar

2013 - Tre' Lamar highlights

Vols offered.

top247 junior linebacker tre lamar of roswell (ga.) high school received a scholarship offer from tennessee on wednesday, according to 247sports' cory fravel.

The 6-foot-3, 230-pound lamar claims offers from more than 15 teams, including alabama, clemson, miami, south carolina, north carolina, n.c. State, georgia tech, michigan state, mississippi state, virginia tech and wisconsin.

Lamar is ranked the nation's no. 160 overall prospect and no. 4 inside linebacker in the 247sports composite for the 2016 class.

Kid lives in my city right now and where I went to hs. He looks like a monster on the turf

Visited yesterday

“It was my first time in Tennessee in general,” Lamar said. “It was awesome just to see the environment they had there. I don’t think I’ve been to a stadium this big yet. How they sold it out was crazy.”

“I like them a lot,” he said. “They’ve got a young team. So, I like that and how when I graduate they’ll be older and just keep maturing into a better team. So, I like that.”

Scout.com - College and High School Football, Basketball, Recruiting, NFL, and MLB Front Page

Reactions: 2 people
I live 2 miles from Roswell HS. I have not heard much about this guy locally. I will see what I can find out and hopefully get to see him play.

"It's Clemson, Mississippi State, Alabama, South Carolina and Tennessee in no particular order," said the 6-foot-3, 230-pound Lamar. "The new school that I know I'm going to visit is Florida. I don't have an offer from them yet. I was getting recruited by coach Collins at Mississippi State. I like how they ran their defense and bringing it down to Florida makes it more interesting."

Clemson- "The first game I went to was the South Carolina State game," he said. "I got to see them play but I didn't get to really seen the full atmosphere of a big game so I went back for the South Carolina game. It was a great game. Clemson beat South Carolina by a lot. It was a great experience. I definitely like them and am interested. I have a really good relationship with coach Venables. I'm going to go to Clemson again at the end of January."

Alabama- "It's a big stadium," Lamar said. "It's loud and all the fans are really into it. I could see the red throughout all the stands. All of it is pretty exciting."

Mississippi State- "It was awesome," he said. "I went to a night game and I could see on the cowbells. It was really cool too."

Tennessee- "They have great facilities and a huge stadium," said Lamar. "They filled the stadium when I went so that was awesome."

South Carolina- "I went the South Carolina game against Georgia," he said. "There was a big decision about how far the ball was and whether it was a first down or not. I got to see the crazy atmosphere people throwing the towels."

-Rivals

The 2016 linebacker from Roswell, Ga., has a top group of Clemson, Alabama, Tennessee, Mississippi State and South Carolina in no particular order. He was in Knoxville this past fall when the Vols faced off against Alabama.

"(The stadium) was huge. Great facilities and the stadium is humongous," Lamar explained. "It was packed that game so I got to feel the full experience. The atmosphere was awesome. I've been talking to coach (graduate assistant Larry) Knight a lot so I have a good relationship with him.

"I do like Tennessee a lot. I think I'll get up there again."

Lamar sees a Vol program on the rise as sophomore quarterback Joshua Dobbs has caught his eye this past season. "I do think they are on the up-tick. Josh Dobbs, their quarterback, is just a sophomore and so he's on the upswing, too, and I think the team is going with him," Lamar said.

As for a decision-making process, the intelligent Lamar already has a plan mapped out. "I want to whittle it down little-by-little," Lamar explained. "I want a great education in the major I'm studying which will be either civil engineering or business management. So, how high those schools' educations rank will be a part of it. I want to have a good relationship with the coaches. Those are a couple of things."

-VQ

Reactions: 3 people
Tennessee, Alabama, Auburn and Stanford all visited with Lamar today, according to Cory Fravel of 247.

VN Store

Back