★★★★☆ Scout.com: Ty Chandler Profile

Offered August 3rd

Attachments

• 2787932_44771b3ba04e45e98155a3f94baa8577.jpg
    2787932_44771b3ba04e45e98155a3f94baa8577.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 6,856
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
He is considered on of the top running backs in country for the 2017 class, per Barton Simmons.

bartonsimmons: #Vols have offered 2017 RB Ty Chandler out of Nashville. He'll be one of the best backs anywhere for his class

Last edited:
Very impressive tape. Has the speed and can truck guys. Need him in orange and white!!

Was reading back through some info on this kid and James Franklin offered him last year.

“It’s been fun,” Chandler said. “It’s a great group of guys that I’m with right now. I didn’t really expect to play as a freshman. I thought I was going to get a chance to play some freshman football. I’ve surprised myself.”

He’s surprised Vanderbilt as well. Rarely do you see a freshman land a scholarship offer, particularly from the SEC but that’s exactly what Chandler received last week.

“They told coach to give them a call,’ Chandler said of how he found out about the news. “I talked to Coach (John) Donovan (Vanderbilt offensive coordinator). I was pretty surprised. I wasn’t expecting it really.”

Nashville (Tenn.) Montgomery Bell Academy running back Ty Chandler already had an offer from Tennessee heading into Sunday. The 2017 prospect just didn't realize it. A miscommunication the first time around had kept Tennessee off of Chandler's early offer list. On Sunday, Tennessee clarified and re-issued the offer. This time Chandler got the message.

"It was pretty exciting," said the 5-11, 170-pound rising sophomore.

Tennessee joins Ole Miss on the offer list for Chandler. He also received an offer from Vanderbilt under James Franklin's staff. Chandler is considered one of the top running backs in the country for his class.

-Barton Simmons

Gray, Stevens, and Chandler will be Vols. Butch has firmly entrenched himself in Middle TN.

While he admitted the offer from Ole Miss “was a big one,” he said the three teams currently pursuing him “all stand the same” in his mind right now. For now, he said he’s keeping an open mind and looking forward to exploring his options over the next couple of years.

“I look at it as just finding the best opportunity to play,” Chandler said.

Only Vanderbilt has hosted Chandler on a visit to this point, but he said he’s hoping to travel to all three schools that have extended offers to him in the not-too-distant future.

“I’m hoping to go (to Tennessee) pretty soon. I haven’t been (there),” he said. “I’ll probably visit Vanderbilt. I’m going to try to get down to Ole Miss.”

Tennessee Vols give elite 2017 RB Ty Chandler early offer

Personally i am tired of these scat RB weighing a buck o' five when wet! We have been recruiting these types of RBs for years now and where has that got us?

I want RBs like Georgia and eSC get every year. Like Alabama gets. Road Graders! Anywhere from 5'10 to 6'3 weighing 220 or better! Guys like Devrin Young go down tripping over a blade of grass. Never breaking tackles. I mean come on!

Personally i am tired of these scat RB weighing a buck o' five when wet! We have been recruiting these types of RBs for years now and where has that got us?

I want RBs like Georgia and eSC get every year. Like Alabama gets. Road Graders! Anywhere from 5'10 to 6'3 weighing 220 or better! Guys like Devrin Young go down tripping over a blade of grass. Never breaking tackles. I mean come on!

I agree to an extent. I don't mind having guys like Scott or Kamara, who aren't necessarily power backs. They are both around 200 LBS and will be very good backs for us IMO. I really don't mind having a smaller, quicker back on the roster if he is versatile and can play in the slot some and return. I think it is good to have a diverse group of backs who can thrive in different situations. A good line will also make a big difference.

Ok, Devrin Young.

Now how many more of these types of players have gotten us nowhere for years?

DY was signed at a time when TN was literally putting no one back to field punts... no one! He has done his job. Not the game changer that we would like, with his 20 yard kick returns, but he was never in the plans to receive more than 5 carries a game.

This kid is listed at 180 on 247 and 173 on Rivals. Hes a sophomore in high school. He will gain weight before college

Saw this guy up close tonight. He is a stud and I would have guessed him to be closer to 190-195. He is fast and will run right over you. BA had no answer for him tonight and that doesn't happen. Would love to have him onboard.

Ty had an excellent day. Excelled in drills and was even playing some wr in 7 on 7. Kid isba phenomenal athlete and dynamic rb. His future is definitely bright.

Reactions: 2 people
"I'm probably going to head to Ole Miss, Tennessee and the schools that have offered," Chandler said. "I'll go to all of those, really. I'm trying to figure out dates." Chandler declines to name any sort of early favorite in the process. He does, however, mention that the in-state Vols are recruiting him the hardest as things stand. The extra effort certainly isn't lost on Chandler.

"I went to the Tennessee-Alabama game at Tennessee," Chandler. Said. "That place has a great atmosphere. I loved it. I loved the crowd. I loved it all, just being on campus." "I mean, that could be a factor (the close distance to Knoxville)," Chandler said. "I'm not sure, but it helps. It's definitely a good thing."

Rivals -2/24

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back