Different Question

O&W

Taco Jaco
Everyone wants to know who we will end up with, but my question is who will lose?

Im not pessimistic but we all know its a part of recruiting, so I am curious as to who y'all think we will lose by NSD

EDIT: I apoloigize for the misconception that some of you guys thought I meant that I was talking about someone we "don't want"

I was talking about the kids who decommit and don't sign with UT because they want to go play for another school

like I said before I edited, I appreciate and welcome anyone who wants to suit up in the Orange and White!

Last edited:
I would look to some of our earlier commits who may have been taken as safety gets at the time although i honestly dont expect to lose much 1-2 maybe

We know for an absolute fact that multiple recruits and their family members get on here and read this site. Do you really want them to see a thread all about how we don't want the players who have already committed to us and hope they end up somewhere else?

eyeroll.gif

Reactions: 11 people
I understand your thoughts but this thread happens every year. No one wants to play this game. We want all of our recruits. Go vols! Ps sup kmac

Reactions: 1 person
Ain't it 25 now that Carson left?

No, the max is still 24 with Swafford going on scholarship. All Carson leaving did was take the current # from 16 to 17. 17 being the actual "available" spots. Even to sign 24, 7 more current Vols would have to leave UT before Aug 2015 or UT would face a penalty for being over the 85 number.

80 kids currently on scholarship. 12 being SRs.

12 SRs + 5 to get to the 85 limit= 17 spots as of today.

Last edited:
I think it's safe to say at this point that Jaylond Woods isn't going to sign with Tennessee but outside of that, how could anyone possibly know? The OP is asking people to make wild guesses so the pessimists will say Preston Williams and the optimists will mention a 3* or two...POINTLESS.

I do not post a lot but I lurked for a long time and read a lot of threads that I never post on, but this one is terrible. It is nothing but a troll post to get us to chew up our own recruits with vile and vitreous comments on here and then use our comments on some other team board showing how much the UT fans on VN hate this or that player. Playing along with this bull$#!+ is foolish on our part. Events will transpire that will keep kids from coming, whether it is decommits, and if they do not want to be a Vol then go, or grades, or personal issues that arise but look back to when we were their age: would we really have wanted the world (ie the internet) to critique us and our actions when we were teenagers.

Reactions: 10 people
I do not post a lot but I lurked for a long time and read a lot of threads that I never post on, but this one is terrible. It is nothing but a troll post to get us to chew up our own recruits with vile and vitreous comments on here and then use our comments on some other team board showing how much the UT fans on VN hate this or that player. Playing along with this bull$#!+ is foolish on our part. Events will transpire that will keep kids from coming, whether it is decommits, and if they do not want to be a Vol then go, or grades, or personal issues that arise but look back to when we were their age: would we really have wanted the world (ie the internet) to critique us and our actions when we were teenagers.

Preach on, preach on! Amen. /thread

Wasn't there an unspoken rule about not being able to start a new thread unless you had at least 500 - 1000 posts?

On top of that the guy put an exclamation point icon next to it so people could see it easily.

No, the max is still 24 with Swafford going on scholarship. All Carson leaving did was take the current # from 16 to 17. 17 being the actual "available" spots. Even to sign 24, 7 more current Vols would have to leave UT before Aug 2015 or UT would face a penalty for being over the 85 number.

80 kids currently on scholarship. 12 being SRs.

12 SRs + 5 to get to the 85 limit= 17 spots as of today.

Yeah but some kids will leave or transfer. That number is low based on common attrition that occurs with every team.

Everyone wants to know who we will end up with, but my question is who will lose?

Im not pessimistic but we all know its a part of recruiting, so I am curious as to who y'all think we will lose by NSD

All of the seniors that do not redshirt will most likely not be with the team after the season

Reactions: 1 person

You got the wrong idea. I didn't say "recruits we don't want anymore" I mean which kids decide they want to play somewhere else. I just know we have 22 commits right now and some people think we'll get 5 or 6 more and that doesn't add up numbers wise. I think we can only have a 24 or 25 player class right?

I appreciate and welcome anyone who wants to play football for the University of Tennessee.

Wasn't there an unspoken rule about not being able to start a new thread unless you had at least 500 - 1000 posts?

Guess they didn't talk about it enough. :pinch:

Yeah but some kids will leave or transfer. That number is low based on common attrition that occurs with every team.

Nope. According to LV we will be totally done with 2015 recruiting by October. We will not lose anyone else and no players will be recruited over. Even though what you said does happen every year, LV is in his own world when it comes to UT football.

VN Store

Back