Financial Aid Agreements

If they signed financial aid agreements, it wouldn't be until closer to the next semester anyway.

I've seen '15 recruits, who plan on early enrolling, already signing financial aid agreement papers. Haven't heard anything about our commits.

13 of Clemson's commits who will be EEs have already signed them.

It doesn't really matter because the recruit can still sign anywhere. Even of he does sign a financial aid agreement with us.

It is actually a bad thing for the school because if he wants in you have to sign him.

It doesn't really matter because the recruit can still sign anywhere. Even of he does sign a financial aid agreement with us.

It is actually a bad thing for the school because if he wants in you have to sign him.

All of the currently committed kids are strong commits, I would think. I don't think any of the kids out of this bunch should be recruited over...Andrew Butcher, Preston Williams, Jack Jones, Alvin Kamara, Quinton Dormandy, Chance Hall, Stephen Griffin and Dylan Jackson.

Doesn't signing the papers allow the school more contact with the recruit than not signing papers early? Not sure but that's why I think Malone signed them with several schools and if I'm not mistaken I think the rule kinda irked the NCAA

Reactions: 2 people
Doesn't signing the papers allow the school more contact with the recruit than not signing papers early? Not sure but that's why I think Malone signed them with several schools and if I'm not mistaken I think the rule kinda irked the NCAA
This is true. They changed the rule to where each recruit can only sign one.

This is true. They changed the rule to where each recruit can only sign one.

Actually, this is incorrect. I just read about the new rule this morning. The recruit can still sign multiple financial aid papers, but the contact restrictions are only waived to the team that he signs with first. All of the recruiting rules are exactly the same for any school that a recruit signs with after the first one.

Reactions: 1 person
Actually, this is incorrect. I just read about the new rule this morning. The recruit can still sign multiple financial aid papers, but the contact restrictions are only waived to the team that he signs with first. All of the recruiting rules are exactly the same for any school that a recruit signs with after the first one.
Ahh thanks for the clarification. Weird rule, but hey it's the NCAA

Wasn't there also a loophole that if a kid signed the papers early he wouldn't be counted against the 25 limit for that year?

FYI ... I posted this in another thread. I ran across this conversation and thought it was worth posting again. Recruits CAN sign the aid papers right now.

From ESPN Insider...

Half of Clemson's class signs aid papers

Clemson has the No. 3-ranked recruiting class for 2015, and more than half of its commitments, including a five-star lineman, signed financial-aid agreements with the Tigers on Friday, six months before signing day.

Five-star offensive tackle Mitch Hyatt (Suwanee, Georgia/North Gwinnett) headlines a group of 13 commitments in Clemson’s 2015 class, which has 21 total pledges, that signed financial-aid agreements with the school on the first day prospects entering their senior year are allowed. All 13 are expected to enroll at Clemson in January.

"We're signing 13 guys to financial aid before we have even played a game,” Tigers coach Dabo Swinney said Friday. “We're excited to have them join the Clemson family."

The NCAA clarified a rule last year that allows for senior recruits planning to enroll in the midyear to sign financial-aid agreements with schools beginning Aug. 1, the same day schools can officially give a recruit a written offer. The financial-aid agreements do not bind the player to the school, but the school is locked into the player unless he is no longer eligible for midyear enrollment. For the recruits, it guarantees their scholarship in Clemson’s 2015 class.

VN Store

Back