'17 TN DT Ben Hutch

Went to Hillsboro too, let's bring in them boys, Fisher, Gordon, Phillips, Perry and Hutch.

I with the 15/16 classes filling up so quickly, I guess we might as well focus on some '17 kids. :)

Reactions: 1 person
^ Kind of an weird tangent, but Butch's recruiting style reminds me of a young Mack Brown at Texas. Very formidable recruiter early in his career, made a lot of strong high school connections and mended the division in the fanbase/team/athletic dept very early in the process. They both also finish classes early and as I recall, Texas would almost always be #1 - #3 when the Rivals Team Rankings debuted. Also anyone remember when Mack Brown was on the ropes after the 5-7 season, signed that top 5 class in 2011 and then started the whole "brick by brick" campaign at Texas? Yeah true story. Am I crazy or are there similarities between the two?

Reactions: 2 people
^ Kind of an weird tangent, but Butch's recruiting style reminds me of a young Mack Brown at Texas. Very formidable recruiter early in his career, made a lot of strong high school connections and mended the division in the fanbase/team/athletic dept very early in the process. They both also finish classes early and as I recall, Texas would almost always be #1 - #3 when the Rivals Team Rankings debuted. Also anyone remember when Mack Brown was on the ropes after the 5-7 season, signed that top 5 class in 2011 and then started the whole "brick by brick" campaign at Texas? Yeah true story. Am I crazy or are there similarities between the two?

I've actually noticed the parallels as well...definitely several similarities in what Butch is currently doing at Tennessee and what Mack did at Texas. Here's to Butch meeting and surpassing Mack's level of success!! GBO!!

I've actually noticed the parallels as well...definitely several similarities in what Butch is currently doing at Tennessee and what Mack did at Texas. Here's to Butch meeting and surpassing Mack's level of success!! GBO!!

Same here....just hope that CBJ doesn't get complacent. Mack Brown won a ton of games but rarely coached up the talent that he brought in towards the end of his time.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person
Same here....just hope that CBJ doesn't get complacent. Mack Brown won a ton of games but rarely coached up the talent that he brought in towards the end of his time.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Butch strikes me as the "I'll relax when I'm dead" type. I think he's broken in a very specific way that makes him potentially great at this job.

Reactions: 3 people
In what is looking like a banner year in middle Tennessee for the class of 2017, yet another promising prospect has emerged. At Nashville (Tenn.) Hillsboro High School, defensive tackle Ben Hutch is becoming a name to know. The massive 6-2, 272-pound interior defender helped lead his team to a win on Friday night over Rossview. With his size and natural athleticism, Hutch likely projects to either offensive guard or defensive tackle at the next level and he has already picked up offers from Ole Miss and Tennessee, both coming in the spring and both as a defender.

https://vine.co/v/MLw1YJJBhK5

"Ben Hutch, the 2018 defensive linemen, spoke very highly of Tennessee and Butch Jones, who's been in school at Hillsboro to see him."

-John Brice

Reactions: 2 people
"It has to be Butch Jones (when asked why Tennessee is recruiting so well),""Everyone tells me he's a good guy. I met him before, he came to my school to see me. I think it's because Butch Jones. "He's a legend, man," Hutch added. "He's good."

"Just to get it, get the call from the coach, my heart dropped," Hutch said. "What I came from, what I am now, it's just amazing." "They be like, 'Butch Jones, he came to see you?'" Hutch said of the reaction from his peers. "I'm like, yeah. He's just a good guy."

"What I need to work on is hand-placement," Hutch said. "My strengths (are) getting off the ball good, tackling. My moves still are a little shaky, they need some fixing." "It's a long journey, since I'm just a young guy," Hutch said. "But the college I choose or I'll like, it has to go to my family. What they like, what's best for me. "The school, what I want to do in the future, I don't just want to be a person on the field. I want to broadcast, be an anchorman. Whatever school has the best program, I like them too."

-Rivals, 2/24

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-12 at 9.34.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-12 at 9.34.46 AM.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 3

Ben is am NPA kid with lots of potential. Plays very high at times but when he wants to mk it happen ot happens. He works with both the OL/DL groups and can be dominant on both sodes of the ball. We're constantly working on hand placement and interior moves. We've brouht in Reggie Grimes who played at Bama and NE Pats in the NFL along with Titans DL coach Nick Eason to help Ben more as the both played DT. This kid will continue to blow up. NPA will have several guys in for the O/W gm

Reactions: 5 people
Ben is am NPA kid with lots of potential. Plays very high at times but when he wants to mk it happen ot happens. He works with both the OL/DL groups and can be dominant on both sodes of the ball. We're constantly working on hand placement and interior moves. We've brouht in Reggie Grimes who played at Bama and NE Pats in the NFL along with Titans DL coach Nick Eason to help Ben more as the both played DT. This kid will continue to blow up. NPA will have several guys in for the O/W gm

Who else is coming?

VN Store

Back