The Fall Camp Thread

RockVol

Since practice starts tonight, I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread to discuss the practices and post info.

I'm most excited to see how the new d linemen such as Barnett, Hendrix, and Sawyerd play.

Football is finally here! Boom! GBO!

Reactions: 6 people
While I'm as excited as you are, you'll have the most success with this thread in the football forum. Maybe a mistake that it landed here, it's easy to do. No worries. :)

I'm definitely hoping to get some updates and hear about the new freshmen though! I'll looked forward to August for a WHILE.

Reactions: 3 people
Anybody else think Josh Dobbs is going to win the starting QB job? The fact that Justin Worley wasn't sent down to speak at SEC media week indicates to me that there really is a legitimate competition for starting QB.

Reactions: 3 people
giphy.gif

Reactions: 14 people
Anybody else think Josh Dobbs is going to win the starting QB job? The fact that Justin Worley wasn't sent down to speak at SEC media week indicates to me that there really is a legitimate competition for starting QB.

Justin definitely seemed like the mature leader in the press conference yesterday, but I wouldn't be surprised if any of the three landed the starting job.

I don't think we really gave Nate Peterman a fair shot. I'd like to see any of us step in for our first game on the road in the swamp. I mean, yeah, he looked bad. But who wouldn't have?

I'll be interested to see who ultimately wins the job. I think you might see all 3 QB's in the first two weeks, with a starter being finalized before Oklahoma. I sure hope somebody steps up and grabs the bull by the horns and takes the job. We need a leader at that position, and we need it now.

Reactions: 6 people
Justin definitely seemed like the mature leader in the press conference yesterday, but I wouldn't be surprised if any of the three landed the starting job.

I don't think we really gave Nate Peterman a fair shot. I'd like to see any of us step in for our first game on the road in the swamp. I mean, yeah, he looked bad. But who wouldn't have?

I'll be interested to see who ultimately wins the job. I think you might see all 3 QB's in the first two weeks, with a starter being finalized before Oklahoma. I sure hope somebody steps up and grabs the bull by the horns and takes the job. We need a leader at that position, and we need it now.

Peterman went home during the breaks, Worley and Dobbs went and worked with QB Guru's and camps. Speaks volumes for how much Worley and Dobbs want the job and it looks like Peterman is happy with being 3rd string. I think Worley is the clear leader, however depending on how the OL (especially the OT's) do I could see the coaches going with Dobbs as he has shown more mobility and running capability than Worley.

Reactions: 2 people
Peterman went home during the breaks, Worley and Dobbs went and worked with QB Guru's and camps. Speaks volumes for how much Worley and Dobbs want the job and it looks like Peterman is happy with being 3rd string. I think Worley is the clear leader, however depending on how the OL (especially the OT's) do I could see the coaches going with Dobbs as he has shown more mobility and running capability than Worley.

i'd be careful before making the assumption you did on Peterman.

I mean, not everyone's family can afford to fly them out to california to work with George, or to go to Manning Passing Academy. He may not have been able to. It definitely hurts him in development, but it's unfair to say that he doesn't want it as bad. We simply don't know that.

If he didn't want it that bad, then he wouldn't have came back. Riley didn't.

Reactions: 14 people

Watch Peterman win the job now! Next year everyone works less.

I mean, not everyone's family can afford to fly them out to california to work with George, or to go to Manning Passing Academy. He may not have been able to. It definitely hurts him in development, but it's unfair to say that he doesn't want it as bad. We simply don't know that.

I respect him for coming back, and Butch does say he is one of the first into the complex each day. I like him, but I just don't see him taking the field this year unless there are some injuries. I could be and often am wrong.

I'm pretty sure Whitfield only runs about $500 or so for active college QBs. Not pocket change by any means, but you would think getting to go to school for free would allow for some extra cash. Whitfield makes his money off of training Manziel-types who have already declared for the draft and are about to get paid big-time. And it's free to be a counselor at the MPA.

Just wanna say thank you for starting this thread. Looking forward to updates and such.:hi:

Pumped for football season to start.

Which freshman do you think will make the biggest impact this upcoming season? My guess is Josh Malone.

Just wanna say thank you for starting this thread. Looking forward to updates and such.:hi:

Which freshman do you think will make the biggest impact this upcoming season? My guess is Josh Malone.

I think Malone, Bates, and Medley will be the top 3 contributors. Only reason I didn't pick Hurd is I think Lane will have a good season and leave Hurd with only about 40% of the carries. Thomas, TK, and Moseley will also have big impacts IMO

I believe Malone will be the guy by seasons end. Jmo

I think Malone, Bates, and Medley will be the top 3 contributors. Only reason I didn't pick Hurd is I think Lane will have a good season and leave Hurd with only about 40% of the carries. Thomas, TK, and Moseley will also have big impacts IMO

I was actually gonna say Hurd but I used the same reasoning as you did on that one. Agree on Bates on Medley as well. two very important positions that need to be filled. I could also see Hendrix and Barnett getting a ton of playing time due to the fact that we lost the whole starting DL. Also agree on Kelly but kinda undecided on Moseley. He will be a good one though.

I believe Malone will be the guy by seasons end. Jmo

My husband said at the O & W game that Malone is dominant. Even though it was just the Spring, you can just tell that certain players have that "it" factor.

BTW, it's good seeing you on here. Long time no see, or read rather. How have u been?:hi:

VN Store

Back