The Realist Thread

Dust10

A Drain.
For the sake of balance.

905d5dabbd2281da21b887db5d34da58c7b45d511123f4d675bd392b53f7c950.jpg

As always, if you don't like it, you can ignore it.

Reactions: 2 people
Balance is an unfamiliar word in these here parts, unless your discussing a checkbook. I love the enthusiasm that you have attempted to bring thou!

This should probably be changed to the Conjecture thread because all the "realist" statements I've read on VN are nothing more than someone's opinion about a person or subject. A good dose of reality would send most of the VN "realist" into a stunned stupor.
JMO IMO FWIW

3 facts a true "realist" or "pragmatist" would agree with regarding UT football.

1) We were 5-7 last year, which was a disappointment for everyone.
2) There is evidence of significant improvement throughout the program including but not limited to recruiting, enthusiasm, player development, and coaching ability.
3) The expectation is no less than 6 wins from this point forward.

Reactions: 6 people
Here's my contribution to this thread, nothing important.

:)

Now in all seriousness, I agree with Dust on the 6-6 record for this year. Anything more will be gravy!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Lol, was waiting on this thread.

Here's the good: awesome recruiting, a proven winner at the HC position (4/7 conference championships), staff continuity, overall positive outlook, another year in the system. Guys back from injury like Maggitt and Worley. Depth at several positions we didn't used to have.

The bad: complete OL/DL overhaul. There is a reason many of these guys, while talented, were not first on the depth chart last year. Team youth. Mediocre team QB play last year. Recent run of some historically bad D.

The ugly: our strength of schedule again.

Realist verdict: 6-6 and a bowl if we don't get last years unlucky breaks. Rapid improvements in 2015 and a legit run at the east/SEC in 2016. I like this staff and the direction of the program, however after a number of 5-7 seasons I'll need to see it on the field before I go all in with the 8+ win kool-aid crowd.

Reactions: 2 people
3 facts a true "realist" or "pragmatist" would agree with regarding UT football.

1) We were 5-7 last year, which was a disappointment for everyone.
2) There is evidence of significant improvement throughout the program including but not limited to recruiting, enthusiasm, player development, and coaching ability.
3) The expectation is no less than 6 wins from this point forward.

1.True
2.True
3.True, with a caveat for this year... we must stay healthy at some key positions or we won't win 6...2015 and beyond there will be no more excuses

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back