Brant Mitchell "spurns" Vols

butchna

Sit down and tell me all about it...way over there
Commits to Georgia Tech, and the headline states that he turned the Vols down...having trouble posting link but it's an AJC story.

I think he wants to be some kind of engineer or something. Lol. Although UTs engineering programs are great, that's the right choice for him. I wouldn't necessarily say it's some big recruiting warfare going on........

He wouldn't play at UT with the talented depth we have with new comers and current commits. Sounds like a rational choice for the young man...

Last edited:
Reactions: 21 people
This dude is upset he didn't have a commitable offer. Every LB we have and will have is better, and that's no slight towards him.

Reactions: 18 people
Georgia Tech is a great school, I wish the young man well. Conversely (or perversely) had he committed to UT there would have been nothing but whining and crying on here because he is only a 3 star.

Reactions: 7 people
Good luck to him..... not everyone wants to give their all to Tennessee. It is not a big deal because some guys donot bleed Orange.

Reactions: 2 people
This dude is upset he didn't have a commitable offer. Every LB we have and will have is better, and that's no slight towards him.

The writer was playing up how we "missed" on him...Brant was offered...last year...hard to tell how much license was taken.

Commits to Georgia Tech, and the headline states that he turned the Vols down...having trouble posting link but it's an AJC story.

Good luck to the young man. Said he grew up a Vol fan so I'd imagine that he wants a chance to play and UT isn't it.

Be classy folks. He's a UT fan. He made a decision to go to GT and actually play. Plus, he is boys with TK, Jr. so no need to bash him. Anyone will tell you the AJC will stick it to us or any other school anytime they can.

Reactions: 29 people
He's a good kid. Hope he does well at GT. The writer is who the bad comments should be directed at.

Reactions: 8 people
Said that he chose Georgia Tech over Standford and Ole Miss even though GT was the only one that offerd of the 3.

Reactions: 3 people
Ramblin wreck of Georgia tech and a hellavun engineer. Great school, awesome downtown ATL location, woman, things to do. Not a bad choice.

Reactions: 4 people
Love it when we high five over stealing a kid from another rival's backyard then cry oh the humanity when it happens to us.

Reactions: 1 person
Love it when we high five over stealing a kid from another rival's backyard then cry oh the humanity when it happens to us.

Such a weird post considering the circumstances of this recruitment, not to mention I don't see any "Oh the humanity" posts.

Reactions: 8 people
Unfortunately this is one of the negatives to the style of recruiting our staff does. They throw out a lot of meaningless offers and this is what happens. Hopefully in the future they try to be more careful especially with the local kids. They have to know that if an offer is extended to a local kid the chances of him trying/wanting to commit is very high. Better to do as they did with Bruce and not offer till they know they would accept. Same with Cottrell, no offer as they knew he would probably jump at it. Brant was offered well before TKJr ever signed with UT, so maybe the UT coaches have already started to change the way they recruit local kids and IMO would be for the better.

JMO

VN Store

Back