Recruiting With Insurance?

Bad precedent set there. That money the schools get, the opportunity fund, is meant for student-athletes from all teams too; not just football.

Reactions: 2 people
Yikes. Talk about gambling. That's essentially betting against your "blue-chip" players.

Bad precedent set there. That money the schools get, the opportunity fund, is meant for student-athletes from all teams too; not just football.

Pretty sure this was not the precedent as it has been done before. IMO ALL athletic scholarships in contact sports should include insurance.

My issue, is this money is used to help student athletes in emergency situations. Say, an athletes parent dies and they can't afford to fly back.. I think this seems like an improper use of the fund.

Reactions: 1 person
My issue, is this money is used to help student athletes in emergency situations. Say, an athletes parent dies and they can't afford to fly back.. I think this seems like an improper use of the fund.

I've read some real horror stories about life long health care costs from injuries sustained as college athletes... mostly playing football, but other sports too. Let's face it, the NCAA is for all practical purposes is the NFL's minor league system, and college football grosses more revenue than the NFL by far.

VN Store

Back