Impressed with Scout

HvilleCommando

I know we constantly debate on which rankings to use, with most on here usually pointing toward the Rivals rankings and more recently the 247 Rankings and composite... But hat's off to Scout lately.

I've seen Scout get ripped on here as a poor recruiting service, but they sent a ton of scouts out to the Opening and saw a ton of coverage come out from it from their analysts. Example: You saw all week of the Opening, Scout analysts' quotes saying that Kahlil Mckenzie could end up as the #1 overall player in their rankings... Low and behold, McKenzie wins D-Line MVP, and already they've changed their rankings to reflect their scouting of what they've said ALL last week... McKenzie is the best lineman at the camp.

Also can't disagree on their top QB's and WR's in their rankings.

Reactions: 11 people
Outside of Williams and McKenzie they have the rest of our guys rated lower than any other site.

I know we constantly debate on which rankings to use, with most on here usually pointing toward the Rivals rankings and more recently the 247 Rankings and composite... But hat's off to Scout lately.

I've seen Scout get ripped on here as a poor recruiting service, but they sent a ton of scouts out to the Opening and saw a ton of coverage come out from it from their analysts. Example: You saw all week of the Opening, Scout analysts' quotes saying that Kahlil Mckenzie could end up as the #1 overall player in their rankings... Low and behold...

Try Lo and behold...

Reactions: 3 people
The Scout website is crappy but the player analysis isn't bad. Go back and look at the analysis for some our players the past 10 years. They do a pretty reasonable job. Again, the website is so bad, people dismiss the product. 247 has a prettier website but I think they ride the coattails (and analysis) of the other sites.

And they're WAY better than ESPN IMO. Those analysts are a bunch of dongs.

Reactions: 2 people
The Scout website is crappy but the player analysis isn't bad. Go back and look at the analysis for some our players the past 10 years. They do a pretty reasonable job. Again, the website is so bad, people dismiss the product. 247 has a prettier website but I think they ride the coattails (and analysis) of the other sites.

And they're WAY better than ESPN IMO. Those analysts are a bunch of dongs.
ESPN has definitely turned into the worst of all of them

I think 247 is probably tops right now,with their evaluations and the composite rankings... Rivals has really been sliding the last couple of years.Rivals and Scout are about the same IMO nowadays... ESPN brings up the rear...they have a certain mindset on certain positions,and don't look at production or even potential...its almost like they go by measurables and SPARQ measurements as a major part of an evaluation...

Scouts rankings aren't horrible, their coverage for most teams are though. Danny Parker couldn't hold anyone from VQs water on the sideline

In all reality if they had a Bama commit as their #1 player, they'd be garbage in our eyes.

Same can be said of Bleacher Report. They are all stooges until they write something positive about the Vols, then they're pulitzer prize winners.

Reactions: 2 people
Scout is probably the least accurate site out of them all, and have seen numerous people on here bash them. Now that Khalil McKenzie is ranked #1 overall, all of the sudden they are the best. I personally believe espn 300 is the best. Alabama has finished #1 the past 4 years because the guys that created rivals.com are bama alumni, so biased rankings there for sure. I do believe Khalil is a top 10 player for sure on any website, but we have to be more consistent on which rankings we favor.

Scout is probably the least accurate site out of them all, and have seen numerous people on here bash them. Now that Khalil McKenzie is ranked #1 overall, all of the sudden they are the best. I personally believe espn 300 is the best. Alabama has finished #1 the past 4 years because the guys that created rivals.com are bama alumni, so biased rankings there for sure. I do believe Khalil is a top 10 player for sure on any website, but we have to be more consistent on which rankings we favor.

I generally only pay attention to Rivals and 247. I really like the consensus rankings and crystal ball projections 247 offers. I'd never pay for any of it though.

VN Store

Back