What is your Not So Impossible, Maybe sort of Realistic Wish List

Dr Dread

Only 5 spots left for this class. What somewhat realistic targets would you like to see close out the class.
My wishlist would be T. Settles, S. Tuttle, T. Gibson, J. Sweat, and D. Richmond.

Reactions: 1 person
Only 5 spots left for this class. What somewhat realistic targets would you like to see close out the class.
My wishlist would be T. Settles (pass), S. Tuttle (yep), T. Gibson (pass), J. Sweat (not realistic) and D. Richmond (yep). Replace with Sapp, Van Jefferson, and Phillips.

Fyp

Reactions: 6 people
Richmond, Tuttle, Ordway, Sapp, Jefferson and Phillips and I think that is realistic (Jaylond Woods likely won't be in the class). Settle looked overrated at the Opening and it looks like our interest has waned. Sweat just isn't leaving Va. Who knows about Gibson? His recruitment appears to have a lot of drama.

Last edited:
I made a stupid list. I think we end up with Van Jefferson, Tuttle, Sapp, Ordway, Justin Martin, and a OL

Realistic list. Richmond, Suttle, Jefferson, Ordway, McGraw, Burrell, Sapp, Phillips.

I think we will commit 28 and drop a few in Dec or Jan.:rock2::rock2::rock2:

Reactions: 3 people
My wishlist would be T. Settles, S. Tuttle, T. Gibson, J. Sweat, and D. Richmond.

Drop Gibson and add Q. Sapp and you got a sure winner.

I like Phillips too.

Last edited:
Richmond or Burell
Jefferson
Ordway
Sapp
Martin

However, I think you could safely add 2/3more to the list due to decommits/being asked to look around.

Matthews claiming about 2 to 4 current recruits won't be signing a LOI with UT. Leaves us at least 7 spots.

I'd go with

1) Richmond
2) Tuttle
3) Phillips
4) Sapp
5) McGraw
6) Ordway or Martin
7) Jefferson

Matthews claiming about 2 to 4 current recruits won't be signing a LOI with UT. Leaves us at least 7 spots.

I'd go with

1) Richmond
2) Tuttle
3) Phillips
4) Sapp
5) McGraw
6) Ordway or Martin
7) Jefferson

I think this is the most realistic and is a very sexy list.

Jones (JC), Jefferson, Settle/Tuttle, Sweat... AND KEEPING DR. PRESTON WILLIAMS

just a question here.....for every guy that UT would over sign, it cost 2 scholarship penalty for the next year???? Would that penalty come off the 25 number, If thats the case, and UT can probably only take 17-19 players next year anyways...then that would give them freedom to oversign 2 or 3 guys with out the penalty really affecting them????? So you take 25-28 this year?????? Is this thought process feasible????

Trade Jefferson for Woods.
DJ Jones or Shy Tuttle (preferably Jones for scholarship reasons and readiness). 4 DTs would be stellar, but I think with Chance Hall having the ability to play both sides, we will finish with 3 instead.
Drew Richmond
Kyle Phillips
Torrance Gibson

The rest: Martin/Ordway & Sapp

If we can legitimately get in on Burrell, McGraw, Settle, & Sweat then we take our chances there.

I'll assume we have 24 total available spots. We have 20 current commits and I'll assume we have 3 current commits that won't be apart of this class, which takes the number back to 17, leaving us with 7 more players to get ...

1. Phillips
2. Jefferson
3. Tuttle
4. Richmond
5. Sapp
6. Martin
7. Richmond

Richmond, Jefferson, Phillips, Jones, Gibson

Another half dozen already mentioned would be great as well and who knows the guys that end up committing as some existing drop off the list. Weatherd likely starting school in August changes the LB needs IMO. I would love to say Tuttle but am not convinced he will pass up the slot at UNC with more high end competition to go against with UT. If they can get him I would drop somebody else from the existing commitments. I just don't see the need for another d-back unless it is a shut down CB. With Mosely, Gaulden and Berry working into that rotation I am really content. I know Gibson is the wild card - but if he were to sign there will be a place he plays at a high level within two years IMO. I will leave that to the self proclaimed experts to determine where they think that should be. Personally, I will wait and see where Butch plays him. Finally, If Sweat decides he want to be a Vol, he gets a spot - period.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back